Going out to eat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
I have not eaten out in years, except last year , after a funeral. A girlfriend wants to take me out for breakfast or lunch , undecided yet , but she is picking me up at 10:30 .
Personally I rather stay home and cook my own meals, I guess I've turned into a fuddy duddy. She and I have been friends for 19 yrs. We don't go out together much since she works but she has vacation this week and wanted to take me out. We get together once a week to pray together.
I have no idea where we are going to eat. I only hope that my stomach does not act up , I have IBS and it gets to be a problem at times, one of the reasons I rather eat at home.

Remember, this is not about the food. It's about the friendship, the relationship you share. Just order something simple, eggs or something. Enjoy the company, and her gesture of friendship.

LC,
this is just the thing for you. You have a friend, enjoy being with her. Food, sure you could make a much better breakfast or lunch, but like Wayogal said it's not about the food. I love breakfast OUT and I found a place that serves the most mouth watering crepes, light fluffy, a slight hint of lemon and then served with strawberry freezer jam..I don't have them often but when I do ahhh. Try a lovely omelet stuffed with bacon or ham and cheese,just treasure the moment with your friend..Even a dry piece of toast will be wonderful if your talking and laughting together.Enjoy LC
kades

Back ....
We went to Perkins. The food was so-so . I did enjoy being with my friend. We came back and prayed together then it started storming out and she wanted to get home.

I'm glad you had an enjoyable time. Food there is always so-so (IMHO), but I enjoy going because it's with my husband and we sit and talk. And somebody else cooks and cleans up!

I'm glad you had an enjoyable time. Food there is always so-so (IMHO), but I enjoy going because it's with my husband and we sit and talk. And somebody else cooks and cleans up!
It was nice being waited on for a change. ;)

We have a couple of places we enjoy eating, Annapurna, all vegetarian, Cafe Trang, really great Vietnamese with some raw offerings and The Flying Star, all American menu. It is nice to have someone cater to me, I don't do this very often so really appreciate it when it happens.

Back
Top Bottom