Good Boy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Munky

Honey Badger
Last night I was working in my kitchen, getting things put away, cleaned up, food pre prepped for today.

We were told to expect high winds in the 50MPH range today. I hate surprises so I was making sure that back up meals were ready to go. Candles bagged just in case the power goes out, neighbors stop by and pick them up.

The winds really picking up all ready this morning.

My GR came into the kitchen, he was just throwing a fit. Whining, wrapping himself around me in circles, pacing all over. I thought he was sick. Or his sister Sophie hid his toys again where he can't reach them. She does that to annoy him. I checked to see if that was the case. Both girls were asleep in their beds.

I knew my son was late, a little too late getting home.
Not 10 minutes later he called. He had broken down in my car again! ( left the lights on)

He just wanted to let me know AAA would be an hour at least to jump the car, that he was ok.

Once he called my GR calmed right down. How did he know his Boy was in trouble?

This doesn't sound all that mysterious to me. The GR knew your son was late. He heard your son's voice on the phone, so now he knew your son was okay.

Thanks Andy. I should have known that behavior was far too advanced for a cat! Ducking and running.

What do you mean?

I once had a cat who would run to the phone when I was out of town and calling home. She figured out that it was me if it was late at night. She would purr and meow at me over the phone.

What do you mean?

I once had a cat who would run to the phone when I was out of town and calling home. She figured out that it was me if it was late at night. She would purr and meow at me over the phone.

Was this through the answering machine or did you teach her how to pick up and hang up?

We had a cat when I was little who knew how to jump up on the handle of the screen door, swing her body so it would open, jump down and be on her merry way. In those days they didn't have hydraulics and springs so my Dad kept saying we needed to teach her how to close it! :LOL:

Good boy indeed! Murray says, way to go buddy!

Attachments

• Photo 17.jpg
    Photo 17.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 133
Was this through the answering machine or did you teach her how to pick up and hang up?

We had a cat when I was little who knew how to jump up on the handle of the screen door, swing her body so it would open, jump down and be on her merry way. In those days they didn't have hydraulics and springs so my Dad kept saying we needed to teach her how to close it! :LOL:

She let my ex pick up and hold the phone ;)

A friend of mines family had a cat that slept in a closed pantry in a crate. They would tuck the cat in and shut the door every night. Then in the morning they would open the door to let the cat out of the pantry. Then their house caught on fire. The cat got out of the pantry and went upstairs, to every bedroom and opened the door and meowed until the occupants woke up. The whole family got out because of the cat. This was many years ago (the friend was a kid and she's 73 now) and there were no smoke detectors back then.

If I don't feel good, Latté lays right next to me and moves when I move. If I'm fine, it is my job to make her comfortable and lay as still as possible so I don't mess with her beauty sleep. Shrek says she starts looking for me to come home from work 15 minutes after 4pm. She will also wake me up 15 minutes before the alarm goes off in the morning. Sometimes she tries to push it a couple of hours...but if I get mad she goes back to the 15 min.

Back
Top Bottom