Good Grief Charlie Brown Where Did Jan. Go?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Addie

Chef Extraordinaire
I just looked at the calendar. January is almost over. We have had only a dusting of snow. Not even enough to shovel. By noon the sun had melted it all. Last year at this time we were up to our eyes in snow. We had roofs collapsing all over the place. Some roofs had as much as three feet of snow on them. I will be getting my SS check in five days and food stamps in three. I better get a move on and start my grocery list. Although I still have a lot of groceries left from January's trip to the Store From Hell! :ohmy:

Thursday is Groundhog day!

I can't wait to see some snowdrops, crocus and daffodils!

I love to see winter come and I really, really love to see it go, the middle not so much! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I can't say we were THAT lucky, plenty of shoveling around here. But, that said, we are having a freakishly warm week right now, and I'm doing my best to enjoy it. I'm really stockpiling because this cannot last long, and I hate driving in ice and snow. Every year time passes more quickly and here it is February already.

This is a good day to get some things done. I am still feeling yucky from this cold. But I have to suck it up and get something done around here. All I have been dong is filling up the waste baskets with used tissues. there will be noting to watch on TV. And all night I have been playing mindless stupid games on the computer. Every time I lie down, I start coughing.

We lost one of our more colorful mayors this week. And today will be his funeral. During the late 50's, early 60's Boston was a dirty dying city. This man saw what it could be and brought it back as a major tourist attraction. He brought back to the people city government. Yesterday his family received the public. It was supposed to be for four hours only. It was extended to ten at night and there were still 15K people waiting in line to get in. He died of Alzheimer's Disease.

I guess I could get busy on that grocery list I keep thinking about. I hate doing it. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom