good hospitality management universities

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

masteraznchefjr

Sous Chef
what are some good hospitality managementuniversities. other else than Cornell cause i have like a 60/40 chance of getting into cornell if i apply

I am going to say that I do not know any good schools.

NOW Virgina State Universiry has one of these programs and since you live in that state your tuition will be a rock bottom 1,158 bucks for the fall 05 semester.

If you want something out of state that might work try out UNLV.

http://www.unlv.edu/

Cost for fall semester for tuition would be around 6600 bucks.

Last edited:
Cornell, UNLV, and University of Hawaii are considered three of the better schools, but most of the people I know that majored in Travel or Hospitality Management are real dunces when it comes to the business. The best managers I know at any level in the hotels are those that actually majored in something else in college, then decided to go into the industry and then learned from working their way up. I think maybe it was because they had a fresh outlook on things, and didn't have their views already tainted by what they just learned from books and classes. For whatever reason, they were/are just better managers.

I say Screw Cornell because of the cost to go to that school is WAYYYYYYYYYYYY to much.

Stick with UNLV or University of Hawaii, they are much cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom