Good Morning Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ya gotta admit those are sexy shoes. Seriously.
tangoshoes-2.jpg

Alix, they are very sexy.

I wonder if I could actually wear them; a question my dance partner has asked a few times;)

I'm really good! I survived a stupid week at work, and I'm on days off now. I wouldn't mind doing a Costco run myself. Buy anything cool?

Tango? Woo woo! Hot stuff there bethzaring! Did you do the rose in your teeth and everything? Swishy dress and heels?

Picked up the "Completely Revised Tenth Anniversary Edition" of How To Cook Everything by Mark Bittman. So far I've only gotten to the dust jacket and end papers, will have to stop watching TV, stop playing here, curl up and read.

I just got back from my first ever tango dance class. I am more of a clogger than a tango dancer, so don't know the future of this adventure.

Sounds fun, Beth. I couldn't wear those shoes, either. Too many years of wearing shoes that are comfortable and they usually don't make those in a double-wide.:LOL:

I'm talking about the evil-stepsister syndrome, I wouldn't be able to get my feet in the shoes to begin with.

Sounds fun, Beth. I couldn't wear those shoes, either. Too many years of wearing shoes that are comfortable and they usually don't make those in a double-wide.:LOL:

I agree as far as the heels. I'd have to stand in one spot and not move. Sorta defeats the purpose of a tango. Maybe on soft ground I could use the heels as a pivot if I dug them into the soil really well.

Last edited:
You guys are a hoot!

At first, I was abstaining when learning the two step. But now I regularly have one glass of wine while dancing, and it really helps me. But the dance I have become fond of is salsa. And I really need the wine to execute the salsa.

I'm talking about the evil-stepsister syndrome, I wouldn't be able to get my feet in the shoes to begin with.

I hear ya on the width problem. Size 5EEE. The best I can do is 1¼" heel. And that is a shock to my leg. I really become unsteady even in those. I am nervous about the party my daughter is tossing for me next month. I have a brand new pair of heels I have never worn. Fortunately, I can take my scooter downstairs and then find a seat for the whole day and never move. Let the world wait on me for a change. :angel:

Morning everyone! Got up just in time to see the medal presentation to the Canadian men's hockey team. Pretty proud of them! Actually, I'm pretty proud of all the athletes, it was another amazing Olympics. We finished third overall in the medal standings!

Good Morning, Alix!!!

I've been up since 3:30...finally dozed off on the couch at 8 for an hour.

Good morning everyone. I'm sort of awake. I'm on my second coffee and about to have a piece of Swedish visiting cake, that I baked last night, for breakfast. :pig:

Alix, they are very sexy.

I wonder if I could actually wear them; a question my dance partner has asked a few times;)

Love those shoes, but if you are worried about the heel height, there are some low heel dance shoes available. Not as sexy as those above, but pretty. If you do not have any foot issues ie arthritis or such....go for it.
ImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1393187633.344440.jpgImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1393187644.217279.jpgImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1393187659.941328.jpg

Hey all, I'm up and about to pour my second cup of coffee. I think its a stay home day today. I have a ton of stuff to do and it is BRUTALLY cold out there again. My daughter sent me a snapchat of her poor frozen face when she walked to the bus. Her eyelashes were frosted, and the fringe of hair poking out of her toque was frosted too. Oh Canada, our home and frozen wasteland!

Good morning! Things are quiet here this morning. Most of the housework is done, just a bit of sweeping, and laundry folding to do. I think I might laze about with coffee til its time to go to work. I SHOULD attempt some kind of exercise, but I don't wanna.

HA! I finally got here in the morning! Good morning DCers, its a chilly one outside for me today but supposed to warm up. Its my last day off before I start my rotation this week so I'll have to get moving and get all those last minute chores done that I've been ignoring all weekend. What's shaking with you folks?

Getting ready to head to a sister facility and help them with their Medicare assessments. Their Coordinators, one is on vacation and the other has a family emergency. They will both be back tomorrow, but today things need to be done.

Good Morning!

I'm off to the pool for my "walk" and some time in the hot tub. Then I have to get "dinner" ready for lunch and TB's sandwiches as this is his first day back on afternoons.

At 11 one of my two 9 year-olds is coming over while her Mom works. The other is at her Dad's and they will both be here Wednesday. I love having them as they play with the animals and entertain themselves. Also we have been watching movies I wouldn't normally see like Frozen, Monster's University, etc. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom