Got an idea...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
I have a challenge for you, and me. Pick a member, any member, and create a new recipe, tested by yourself, for that member. It can be an entre' a desert, and appetizer, a soup, or virtually any kind of food you can dream up. Make it as high-quality as is reasonable for your budget. Then post that recipe, with pictures if possible.

These could be our Christmas gifts to each other.

Now, think about who you would like to make a new recipe for.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

As far as my "style" of cooking and "recipes" are concerned..... I think I can unselfishly say that it would be better for me to receive than give :LOL:

It's a lovely idea Goodweed. Mine will have to be a New Year gift as I am just not going to have the time before Christmas but I do think it's a lovely idea.
Thank-you for thinking of it.:)

I was thinking the same thing, pacanis, but I love this idea and I'm excited about giving it a shot. (As long as everyone remembers that it's the thought that counts.) You're the best, Goodweed.

Maybe I'll do Got Garlic. Having just had surgery she'll only be able to dream of 'proper' food.
Perhaps custard with some Baileys in it.!!

Okay....here goes.

1 c of good cheer
1/2 c of humility
2 c patience
1/4 c sarcastic wit
8 oz wisdom
10 oz hope
6 hearty laughs
1 warm smile
2 warm hands
A sprinkle of falling snow
A pinch of pine tree fragrance
The far off sound of jingling bells

and all the love you can spare..

Put first 6 ingredients into a decorative glass shaker. Carry the next three. Imagine the next three...and realize the last.

It only takes a second to make this...and everyone wants some.

Goodweed, my friendly author, this is for you.:kiss:

Okay, well I have a dish I've been toying with, to make for Tattrat, Jeekins, Buckytom, sattie and some of my other fellow "Friends of Bacon".

It's simple enough for me to make for anyone else who chimes in and wants a taste.

I call it "Bacon Wrapped in Bacon".

Lee

Okay, well I have a dish I've been toying with, to make for Tattrat, Jeekins, Buckytom, sattie and some of my other fellow "Friends of Bacon".

It's simple enough for me to make for anyone else who chimes in and wants a taste.

I call it "Bacon Wrapped in Bacon".

Lee
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: There are boys in my house who have no idea they are actually eating green vegetables because I hide them in bacon!

I pick Alix,
for her I will bake a crostata filled with her favorite jam, then topped with toasted pine nuts and dusted with powdered sugar...
enjoy Alix

kadesma:)

:mrgreen:I thnk we all just pick somebody. The person picked is free to return the favor to the person who picked him/her, or somebody else. This gift is given with "no strings attached", simply for the joy of giving. It's a way of giving of yourself, completely of yourself, your time, your talent. The gift isn't made by some factory, or corporation, and you just pick it up and wrap it. This is a gift from you to someone. I takes thought, and an effort to do your best. What more special gift could you possible give?

And Vera; your gift is accepted with a hoot and a holler. It's about the best recipe I've seen posted on this forum, ever. I thank you for the sentiments, and for the freindship.

Let's all wait until the bustle of the holidays are just a bit over, and we can breathe a little. Let's give our gifts during the second week of January. That also gives us time to think a little. And boy do I need time to straighten out my head :wacko: after such a busy couple of months at work, plus being informed that my youngest daughter is getting married in may.:mrgreen:

Seeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom