Great kitchen gadgets and small appliances

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Things I could do without, but sure wouldn't want to:
Food Saver
Scale
Microplane
Salad Spinner
Electric Griddle
Dishers

Things I couldn't do without:
Knives
Tongs
Whisks
Silicone spatulas

I had the neatest Black & Decker hand mixer that ran on rechargeable batteries...I kept it beside the stove and used it about everyday....it had 4 attachments. The batteries died off and now the little mixer is gone, but not forgotten.

My old Sunbeam portable mixer. I have a new one now, not Sunbeam, but I haven't had the need to use it.

It feels good knowing it's there when I need it.

this very old nutcracker my Pap gave me. very simplistic, yet very appreciated

My old Sunbeam portable mixer. I have a new one now, not Sunbeam, but I haven't had the need to use it.

It feels good knowing it's there when I need it.

I don't use my mixer often, don't make desserts. But you are right It does feel good knowing it is there. :)

Josie

I had the neatest Black & Decker hand mixer that ran on rechargeable batteries...I kept it beside the stove and used it about everyday....it had 4 attachments. The batteries died off and now the little mixer is gone, but not forgotten.

Linda, I had one and it died. Loved it and couldn't find another. I had forgotten about it. They were awesome.:cool:

Josie

I think the local Ace hardware had little B&D mixers for sale right before Christmas. Ten bucks. It was all I could do not to buy one, lol. I did not have a mixer at the time.

I LOVE my grinders!

img_964914_0_5d7952b63d2f78e34856aff8a5f2ac3a.jpg

Toasted black and white sesame seeds (not really a gadget but I like toasting them ahead and putting them in a shaker bottle ready to shake on salad or whatever)

img_964914_1_3db7047a284bb820b984e1914ca49c40.jpg

Last edited:
i just bought an antique food grinder-chopper on e-bay. got it for 4.99. couldn't tell from the picture if it was rusty.

at big lots last week and bought one of those brownie with the insert for individual brownies. kinda small. got 2 0 % off . will let you know how it works. maybe i will do brownies tomorrow.

My most favourite and all time favourite kitchen appliance is my 11 years old 'boti', it is perfect for peeling, cutting, chopping. I can cut paper thin slices with my boti.

Babetoo will you be able to clean the rust from you're grinder ?
I hope so. I have often thought about the brownie pan, I thought it would be great for making cornbread and muffins.:idea:

Josie

Babetoo will you be able to clean the rust from you're grinder ?
I hope so. I have often thought about the brownie pan, I thought it would be great for making cornbread and muffins.:idea:

Josie

cornbread and muffins crossed my mind, too. fun to experiment with the pan. could do little cakes as well.

i hope so josie. will have to see it first. if unusable in condition, i will try. think maybe the various rust removers on the market would work. i think i even have some. should have in a couple of days and will know then. :idea:

2 antique items. My Saladmaster food shredder/grater, gotta have those potato pancakes, and my sandwich maker. Has a long handle, you put any leftovers and a slice of cheese between 2 buttered slices of bread, close it, lay it on a gas burner, brown that side, turn it over, brown the other, it seals the edges and no matter what you put in it, tastes great.

Back
Top Bottom