Green grocery bags - do you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think people should buy what they need and understand the consequence of the decisions they are making.

I think the goal should be to reduce our impact/carbon footprint and still enjoy a decent life.

The solution will be different for each of us.

I have friends and family that don't use disposable shopping bags, disposable diapers, bottled water etc... They buy organic, wear eco-friendly clothes and shoes, belong to all sorts of environmental groups, yet they drive gigantic SUV's, regularly eat food shipped half way around the world, live in McMansions etc... I chuckle when they point out my foibles and treat me like an eco-terrorist. I'm willing to bet my impact on the planet is smaller than theirs.

Just do what you need to do, be mindful of the overall impact, keep seeking the minimum and remember all roads eventually lead to the cemetery

I'm done ranting and raving for now! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I agree with you, Aunt Bea. Bringing up the topic and sharing habits and experiences brings awareness to these issues and causes people to think about things that may not have occurred to them before. I think that's a good thing.

Picking up on the bottled water, here in the middle of the desert, having water with you at all times is a must. We don't get in the car without it. Most stores, gas stations, pretty much everywhere has water filling stations. We reuse our jugs and containers and fill them up with filtered-by-reverse osmosis water over and over again for pennies.
Our reusable bags are made from recyled water bottles ... :)

And while we're at complaining about plastics....how about why on earth they are still selling cases upon cases of individual water filled bottles?? Stupid, just pain stupid.

I'm with you on this one.
1) Its stupid to pay for something thats already free.
2) One time use, plastic water bottles should be outlawed or they should have a monetary value assigned to them. Like aluminum cans.
Or put a deposit on them.
Watch them get cleaned up in a hurry, if they all of a sudden became worth something.

One can only imagine how many of these bottles end up in our landfills, roadsides and in our precious ocean.
It ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom