Ground Squirrels....errr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it is really important to identify the critter in question. Is is a chipmunk or squirrel or what? I have both and neither are guilty of digging holes in my ground. I have moles and voles that dig holes. And sometimes skunks will rototill an area for me:LOL: . Google for pictures of what you have and then call the extension office for suggestions on dealing with the critter.

this is one of those cute little tiny squirrels....we call them ground squirrels around here. They have a strip going down the back. But yes its def. the culprit of digging the holes. I watched it through the binoculars building a nest last year. Now last year I didn't have that big a problem with the lil critter because he/she only had 2 holes well this year it must of decided to build on new additions to is home or else their making a sub division in my yard.

SizzlininIN said:
this is one of those cute little tiny squirrels....we call them ground squirrels around here. They have a strip going down the back. But yes its def. the culprit of digging the holes. I watched it through the binoculars building a nest last year. Now last year I didn't have that big a problem with the lil critter because he/she only had 2 holes well this year it must of decided to build on new additions to is home or else their making a sub division in my yard.

I heard they were planning a family reunion at your place this summer !!:LOL:

You just pm me your addy too and I'll gladly fedex one of them to you too :LOL: .... surely they have some distant cousins in your neck of the woods.

SizzlininIN said:
You just pm me your addy too and I'll gladly fedex one of them to you too :LOL: .... surely they have some distant cousins in your neck of the woods.

Sorry, the plans have been set for a year ! Indiana it is :w00t2::sorcerer: !! Enjoy !

I haven't read the full thread but have you thought about placing one of those plastic owls in an obvious place. They are great at keeping little vermin from making frequent appearances. They are convinced that the owl is there to eat them.

they're so hopped up on juicy fruit, wearing their little white suits that no owl is gonna scare them off...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom