Guess what this is a photo of!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's part of The Florida Keys, GRK. This island is not part of the island chain that runs down that part of the coast. It is not even south of Ft. Myers.

This Key is known for refusing to allow chain development, is popular for its dark skies, and is ironically named for something that doesn't even exist, and apparently never did, on the island.

Treasure Island? "Treasure Island got its name after several property owners attempted to boost sales of the properties being developed on the island by first burying and then "discovering" a couple of wooden chests on the beach. After claiming the chests were filled with treasure the news of the discovery quickly spread and people began calling the island Treasure Island."

:)Barbara

My username is Phinz.

My blog URL is http://www.apiratelooksat40.net.

Jimmy Buffett has a song named Fins and a song named A Pirate Looks At Forty.

The Incommunicado reference is the *exact* title of another Jimmy Buffett song.

Slip F-18, Bahia Mar Marina is the fictional home of Travis McGee's luxury houseboat The Busted Flush.

Travis McGee was made famous by author John MacDonald.

This island is named after a plant that never existed on that island, used to make pencils at one time.

One of its more obscure claims to fame is that it hasn't allowed major chains to develop on it.

It's north of Treasure Island, on the Gulf Coast.

Yes. It is Cedar Key.

Jimmy Buffett's Incommunicado:

Travis McGee's still on Cedar Key
That's what John MacDonald said.

Give us something hard and obscure qmax. :mrgreen:

You had to practically give that one away.

Try this one:

Attachments

• q.jpg
    q.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 203
I did a search for steam engine. I recognized it as steam equipment because of a particular affinity for Steampunk and its accoutrements. I thought it might be a dynamo because of the tanks in the distance, but those may just be pressure tanks. A search for steam engine in Google images showed the same picture from Wikipedia on the second line of images. :)

What's this place? Hint: You don't need to go far.

Attachments

• guess.jpg
    guess.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 162
Back
Top Bottom