Guess what this is a photo of!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is as good as place as any to ask someone to name this pic, cuz I sure can't :huh:
I got it from the formerly active members' pics recently added. I'd ask the member, but they haven't been here since 2006 :LOL:
What are these? (their caption is below)

user2879_pic3113_1320231254.jpg

My hubby Stu remembered eating these when he lived in Brooklyn and asked me to make them and I did and he loved them.

I Googled it, too, but just looked at the wiki pic. And it didn't look like those.
So it bialy a NYC thing? I've never heard of it before... which isn't saying much. I have no idea what scones are either, lol.

A bialy is sorta similar to a bagel, except it's baked without boiling, and it always has 'stuff' on top.

A scone is an upscale biscuit. It usually (not always) has stuff in it, fruit, spices, etc. They're shaped more like a small wedge of pie, instead of a circle. The texture is a little more 'crumbly' than a biscuit. I think the scone was the British original, and the Scots-Irish derived the biscuit from it when they came to the Americas.

But I could be wrong on both counts.:ROFLMAO:

The Soprano's always had pizza bialy at the Bada Bing.

The dough on the ones that I have had were tender and slightly sweet but the toppings were sauce and cheese.

The ones in the picture look like spinach or sausage under the cheese.

Interesting. I've got to make these sometime... and scones, too.
Thanks for the sleuthing!

I'm sure it will hit you when you lie down.
Which is what I'm going to do right now.

Is that a shish kabob?

We have a winner!
Did it take the hint I posted this morning? ;)

It's my post-it above my prep area so I remember the order I like my chicken, sausage, pepper and onion kebabs in. The idea, according to the recipe, is to always have the chicken touching an open end of the sausage. This makes it much easier for me to skewer the pieces and gives me a nice looking kebab.

Back
Top Bottom