Guess what this is a photo of!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
img_620377_0_cb6cfd04286949c8c953841dfd2a8b44.gif
Kid leashes?

Looks like a Martingale-type (slip) collar with lease (all-in-one), which are used to avoid choking or for show/competition so it's easily slipped over the head.

Am I close????

Last edited:
Looks like a Martingale-type (slip) collar, which are used to avoid choking or for show/competition so it's easily slipped over the head.

Am I close????

That's reallllllly close, plumies.
They are for a specific kind of competition.

You're all around it plumies, so it's yours. You win! Yaaaay :LOL:

They are slip leads for lure coursing. You loop the long end of the leash so it slips through the extra ring. That allows you to release your dog while it slips out of the slip lead, leaving you holding everything. They have a wide band to be easier on the neck when the dog is straining.

They can also be used as a temporary leash as shown, but they aren't the best for that.

Attachments

• slip_lead2.jpg
    slip_lead2.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 67
oh, geez. i thought it was from a dog beauty competition. ya know, "fly", or nice looking...

(ok, so it's only interesting to us dogs...)

Last edited:
And I would add, they just don't get the ball for flyball, they pounce on a release where the ball is located and have to catch it in midair as it hurls at them. Pretty neat stuff. I'm sure youtube has vids

Oh yeah, youtube has all sorts of flyball videos. Just do a search and you'll get all kinds of hits. A flyball tourny is one of the noisiest things I've ever been to. My Cardigan Welsh Corgi trained for it until she was diagnosed with hip and elbow dysplasia but it didn't curb her ball enthusiasm! Now I'm hoping my new Aussie puppy has the agility drive. (Oh yeah, that reminds me I have to post some pics of him to the forum.)

Okay, try this on for size. What's this?

Attachments

• whatzthis.jpg
    whatzthis.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 203
How did you know?? I'm just kidding but "rodeo" could be a clue.

Edit: Forget the rodeo clue for now. Might confuse ya'. (I have a nack for that.)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom