Hair cuts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
Ever give yourself a haircut? I mean do it yourself , not go to a salon.
I do it from time to time when I get disgusted with my hair. I usually go to my sister's , who is a hair stylist and has her own salon but I just was in the mood to cut my hair myself. I have to get my photo taken for my driver license sometime this week... fun Not !!

yep, I do it all the time. I grew my hair out while at school last year, kinda dorky, dutch-boy looking, but wore a hat most of the time and didn't really care. I cut a bit too much bangs, so am growing those back out this summer. I cut my husband's hair all the time. He rarely gets a "real" haircut, and i do just as good a job.
I'm a cheapskate... actually broke, so it's a luxury to get a "real" haircut.

I don't like getting hair cuts. Besides, I'm old, and don't have that much hair anymore.
But for some reason, young ladies and even teen aged girls seem to dig my thinning gray hair.

yep, I do it all the time. I grew my hair out while at school last year, kinda dorky, dutch-boy looking, but wore a hat most of the time and didn't really care. I cut a bit too much bangs, so am growing those back out this summer. I cut my husband's hair all the time. He rarely gets a "real" haircut, and i do just as good a job.
I'm a cheapskate... actually broke, so it's a luxury to get a "real" haircut.

I cut my hubby's hair too. He says he likes the way I cut it better. :)

I'm glad to know I'm not the only gal who hates going to the beauty parlor. I really do. I have very thin, fine hair that I dye to give it some color and body (I went natural for a couple of years about ten years ago and even my parents asked me to go back to blonde). I suppose getting professional cuts killed me when I showed up for an appointment a few minutes early, and heard the woman who was to cut my hair say something like, "I don't know why she requests me in particular, her hair is so bad that anyone with a pair of scizzors can chop it off."

I don't generally cut it myself, I wash it, and when wet I get it as slick as possible and have my husband blunt cut it. I keep it at about shoulder length, and generally dye it myself and wear it in a reverse French braid. I get beaucoups compliments on both the color and the braid, and I don't mess with success. My hair is very thin, very fine, and close to colorless.

and don't EVEN talk to me about pedicures.....ICK!!!! The idea of them grosses me out. (somebody else working on my feet, that is)

and don't EVEN talk to me about pedicures.....ICK!!!! The idea of them grosses me out. (somebody else working on my feet, that is)

I can't stand it when someone else touches my feet. My husband learned early on in our relationship never to touch or tickle my feet or you'll end up with your head in the ceiling. And I have the most horrible feet, 4 heel spurs, ingrown toenails, and right now with pool season I always get this chlorine itch or athletes foot thing going.

I love foot rubs, from my husband. But that is it. Mine are kinda cracked, but getting better. I just think touching feet is kind of an intimate act.

i make appointments to get my hair washed, he-he! )my hair isn't easy to work with, so dry!!!!! so it soesn't need washed often, then it's only $24 to get it washed. i style it myself. i'm fond of pelushi salons & hair items. i also get my waxing, trims, & color with them. my hair is thick. i dislike trims, though- i wear it swept into some style or another for school. i get panicky with thise. & keep that bacteria-ridden polish & cuticle trimmer AWAY from me! eww!

I have long hair ( I am very proud of my hair ), I cut (rather trim) my hair myself without any style, just straight at the end.

I think I have a problem with my head, if anyone (except my mom and DH) do something like hair cutting or massaging or facial, I get severe headache after that.

I shave my head (#1 on the clippers) every 2 weeks. I am cheap and hate paying for haircuts when I can just chop it all off myself. ;)

Back
Top Bottom