"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-12-2010, 12:46 AM   #1
Cupcake
 
Kathleen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Mid-Atlantic, USA
Posts: 2,444
Happy Birthday, Babetoo!

I wanted to be the first to say it. From one July birthday girl to another, I hope your day is great!

~Kathleen
__________________


~Kathleen

A little bit Ginger. A little bit Mary Ann.
Kathleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 04:44 AM   #2
Master Chef
 
DaveSoMD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 7,292
Happy Birthday!!!!!!
__________________
Quoth the chicken, "Fry some more."
AB - Good Eats: Fry Hard II
DaveSoMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:15 AM   #3
Chief Eating Officer
 
GB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: USA,Massachusetts
Posts: 25,509
Happy Birthday!!!
__________________
You know you can't resist clicking
this link. Your eyes will thank you. VISUAL BLISS
GB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:49 AM   #4
Master Chef
 
getoutamykitchen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasco County, Florida
Posts: 5,658
Happy Birthday To You!
__________________
Finally things have started clicking for me, my knees, my elbows, my back, etc...
getoutamykitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 08:02 AM   #5
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 46,781
Have the happiest of birthdays today!
__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 08:20 AM   #6
Traveling Welcome Wagon
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere, US
Posts: 15,716
I hope you have a wonderful birthday babe! You deserve it.

Barbara
Barbara L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 08:35 AM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,371
Happy Birthday,
I hope your day is special.
kades
__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:44 AM   #8
Master Chef
 
bethzaring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Northern New Mexico
Posts: 5,264
Happy Birthday!! I hope you have a wonderful day
__________________
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead
bethzaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 03:28 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Park Drive Bar/Grill Los Angeles
Posts: 13,217
Happy Birthday Babetoo!
roadfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 03:43 PM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire
 
babetoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: escondido, calif. near san diego
Posts: 14,341
thank you, thank you. it is an odd process getting old, seventy two is a milestone of sorts. i have to live as long as thomas, my cat. lol. he is six years old. it has never been with anyone but me. he would not do well with a stranger instead of taking care of him. not a bad goal to have. so again thanks to all my d.c. family, you make me feel special.
__________________
"life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain"
babetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 04:28 PM   #11
Sous Chef
 
les's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London, England
Posts: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
thank you, thank you. it is an odd process getting old, seventy two is a milestone of sorts. i have to live as long as thomas, my cat. lol. he is six years old. it has never been with anyone but me. he would not do well with a stranger instead of taking care of him. not a bad goal to have. so again thanks to all my d.c. family, you make me feel special.
you're only a youngster! Never worry about getting old, worry about not getting old...my Dad's philosophy & he's 88! x hope you had a wonderful birthday xxx
__________________
Cooking with the Joneses
les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 04:43 PM   #12
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,862
babetoo! How strange that the day I looked around on DC I find it is YOUR birthday? How are you doing? How is your friend that was in the hospital? I haven't read any of the threads but saw your name and got excited. Thomas your cat doing okay! Happy to hear it. My dogs are still around, one sixteen and other two three years. Oldest one is blind, can't hear, but w/acupuncture for arthritis he still is breathing and enjoying life. He is inspiration to all of us. Doesn't want any assistance if he can have the time to struggle up the steps on his own. Just a wonder how he shows us what it takes if we want to. He was my mother's dog and for some reason he reminds me of her so much. Determination that is what it is.

I wish you many more happy healthy days with Thomas and all your many friends here at DC. You are well loved here and sure hope you feel it. Something about life being sweet when you have an animal in it. They will never reject or ignore you, all they need is our love. Take good care of your cat and yourself too. All the very best to you both.
In the Kitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 04:56 PM   #13
Master Chef
 
CharlieD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: USA,Minnesota
Posts: 9,515
happy and healthy birthday, and many more.
__________________
You are what you eat.
CharlieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:07 PM   #14
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North
Posts: 20,301
There is a young lady named babetoo
Who today turns seventy-two!
She has a heart of gold
That never will grow old
Happy birthday my dear friend babetoo!


__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffeine-free and loving it!
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:41 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Uncle Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Small Town Mississippi
Posts: 17,515
Tomatoes Are Red...
Peppers Are Green...
I Hope you Have The Happiest Birthday....
You have ever Seen!


Happy Birthday Miss Babe!!!
__________________
There is only one Quality worse than Hardness of Heart, and that is Softness of Head.

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:08 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire
 
babetoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: escondido, calif. near san diego
Posts: 14,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Kitchen View Post
babetoo! How strange that the day I looked around on DC I find it is YOUR birthday? How are you doing? How is your friend that was in the hospital? I haven't read any of the threads but saw your name and got excited. Thomas your cat doing okay! Happy to hear it. My dogs are still around, one sixteen and other two three years. Oldest one is blind, can't hear, but w/acupuncture for arthritis he still is breathing and enjoying life. He is inspiration to all of us. Doesn't want any assistance if he can have the time to struggle up the steps on his own. Just a wonder how he shows us what it takes if we want to. He was my mother's dog and for some reason he reminds me of her so much. Determination that is what it is.

I wish you many more happy healthy days with Thomas and all your many friends here at DC. You are well loved here and sure hope you feel it. Something about life being sweet when you have an animal in it. They will never reject or ignore you, all they need is our love. Take good care of your cat and yourself too. All the very best to you both.
well hi to you too. my friend is the same, will never be better. makes me very sad. thomas is just fine and dandy and yes, he is a joy, and makes my life better. i was in the hospital in april. not a good thing, congestive heart failure for one thing. am doing fairly well now. i am just doing what they tell me and hoping for the best. getting old is not for sissies that is for sure. i do feel the love and caring of you and all my friends here at d.c. this site brightens my days and makes me feel special.
__________________
"life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain"
babetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:10 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire
 
babetoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: escondido, calif. near san diego
Posts: 14,341
uncle bob you always make me laugh. bring some of those veggies for my dinner, i wish. thank you for bday wishes.
__________________
"life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain"
babetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:12 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire
 
babetoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: escondido, calif. near san diego
Posts: 14,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
There is a young lady named babetoo
Who today turns seventy-two!
She has a heart of gold
That never will grow old
Happy birthday my dear friend babetoo!

aren't you clever. thanks for the poem, especially the young part. it just amazes me to be this old.
__________________
"life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain"
babetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:28 AM   #19
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
aren't you clever. thanks for the poem, especially the young part. it just amazes me to be this old.
See! You never KNOW what life has planned for you! Life is meant to have joy and hope. Maybe you were meant to be caregiver to Thomas, who knows? We have to take each day as it comes. I read that so often in a favorite book of mine. You truly sound like you are accepting what life has to offer.

I am happy you did not forget me, babetoo. I am sorry to hear about your friend. Try to remember the good times that you both shared. Like having a special gift to recall happy times.

Give Thomas 'special' hug for me. He'll know who its from.

Keep well and most of all keep in touch with this site. WE all care about you AND Thomas!!!
In the Kitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.