Happy Chusok!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
happy chusok everyone!!!!

chusok is a three day "festival of the harvest" in korea. sort of a korean thanksgiving.

http://www.askasia.org/teachers/essays/essay.php?no=2&era=&grade=&geo=

dw and i went to a huge chusok festival last weekend and had some really good food: roasted seaweed, sauteed noodles and peppers, spicy chicken kabobs, rice cakes and cookies, etc., but were totally lost as to so many aspects of the culture and the goings on. i hope to bring my buddy from work next year to translate, and 'splain thins.

has anyone here ever heard of or celebrated chusok?

Never heard of it but it sounds like it would be alot of fun to learn about the culture and of course try out the food.

buckytom said:
happy chusok everyone!!!!

chusok is a three day "festival of the harvest" in korea. sort of a korean thanksgiving.

http://www.askasia.org/teachers/essays/essay.php?no=2&era=&grade=&geo=

dw and i went to a huge chusok festival last weekend and had some really good food: roasted seaweed, sauteed noodles and peppers, spicy chicken kabobs, rice cakes and cookies, etc., but were totally lost as to so many aspects of the culture and the goings on. i hope to bring my buddy from work next year to translate, and 'splain thins.

has anyone here ever heard of or celebrated chusok?

You're an amazing guy Bucky. I'm glad you live in New York. It gives the place a bit more class, certainly more than did "Ol' Blue Eyes":) .

Bucky, keep doin' that voodo that you do so well. But save the pins for Alix. She's tryin' to make me go broke with those hot-tub escapades.:ROFLMAO:

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Oh good another holiday to celebrate!
Happy Chusok to all!
Or should it be Merry Chusok?
Or just plain Chusok Greetings?
I'm not sure which is politically correct? :)

Back
Top Bottom