Happy Freaking 30th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FWishbringer

Assistant Cook
I know, haven't posted in a while, no better place than this sub-forum here though. I'm highly intoxicated and 30 years old as of 3.5 hours ago.

That said, to remain on topic to the general forum progression, anyone got any good ideas on how to remove carbon deposits from a teflon pan? Baking soda soaks, club soda, even lemon juice, no dice.

Is it an expensive pan? Can you get a new one for your birthday?
Have a good birthday! Just wait til your 50's, they are a blast. 30's were pretty good, was really busy as a mom for me then, (had my youngest when I was 30), 40's it was about career, 50's well, not sure yet (I'll be 51 in a month), but I quit work, went to cooking school, am working on a one-woman show (folk music), and watch the sopranos on sunday mornings....

Is it an expensive pan? Can you get a new one for your birthday?
Have a good birthday! Just wait til your 50's, they are a blast. 30's were pretty good, was really busy as a mom for me then, (had my youngest when I was 30), 40's it was about career, 50's well, not sure yet (I'll be 51 in a month), but I quit work, went to cooking school, am working on a one-woman show (folk music), and watch the sopranos on sunday mornings....

Thanks for the support, I hate no longer being able to not lie when I say I'm 20 something. Was intoxicated and upset at turning 30 last night.

Regarding the pan, its a quite-expensive skillet that I received a year ago, actually (to the day, to be exact). Its not a 'walmart super saver' skillet.

I noticed about a month ago that it had a few small deposits starting, and they rapidly began accumulating more carbon, so now they are affecting the surface enough that if I can't remove them without harming the teflon, its going to be time to get a new skillet.

Have you tried just simmering water in the skillet to loosen the deposit? Then use a plastic lifter to gently scrape it off?

Back
Top Bottom