Happy May Day!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
Last year, I sent a plumeria lei out in the Ocean and it came back to shore.
We should have been on our way back to Hawaii Nei just about now, but it was not to be, this year anyways.
?... Honolulu, I'll be comin back again ?

DSC01129.jpg

?May Day Is Lei Day In Hawaii ?

Happy May Day to you too Kgirl!

I always fondly think of my childhood on May Day. It was a very special day in my small Catholic school with only 128 students. The beautiful campus was on a hill overlooking the Pacific and the name was The Academy of St. Catherine by the Sea". Sadly, it no longer exists.
May Day was in honor of the Blessed Virgin and the crowning of flowers for her statue was in a lovely Eucalyptus grotto on the campus. The singing procession of children were dressed in their Sunday best, and all the girls wore wreaths of fresh flowers and ribbons for their hair. I remember so well how my Mom would pick tiny pink buds of Cecile Brunners roses to make my wreath along with streamers of pink ribbons. All the families were invited for the celebration, and I was part of it for 12 years.
:wub:Sadly, I don't have one single picture from those May Days but I do have my precious mind pictures.

Last year, I sent a plumeria lei out in the Ocean and it came back to shore.
We should have been on our way back to Hawaii Nei just about now, but it was not to be, this year anyways.
[emoji445]... Honolulu, I'll be comin back again [emoji445]

View attachment 40704

[emoji445]May Day Is Lei Day In Hawaii [emoji445]
We were scheduled to fly home from Hawaii today. But like you the trip wasn't meant to be.

Back
Top Bottom