Happy New Year - A little early

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Have a Safe and................

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!

img_757770_0_887b02553595778bffad342ecc759c17.gif

Happy New Year - A little early
It seems appropriate to start this thread as we cruise into 2009.

From my family and me to all of you on the site and especially the new friends that have helped me in so very many ways in the tine since I joined DC, I wish you all a belated merry Christmas and a Happy, healthy and hopefully prosperous New Year.

I would also like to add the thanks os several friends and family members who have visited our home and absolutely loved the food that I have learned to prepare with the help of this site and some special people on it.

AC

Happy New Years

I know Goodweed had a very profound post regarding DC and how much we mean to each other.

I just wanted to take the opportunity to say something. For many years New Years was a nightmare for me that I relived every year from the age of 13 when my parents split up that night and my world crumbled. They got back together within a year but nothing was the same. I eventually was able to get rid of the nightmare and NYE became a nothing. When I married my wonderful DH 8 years ago we would celebrate quietly and that was nice. Then five years ago we met a couple who share many of our struggles, likes and beliefs and we started spending a quiet New Years with them.

Well tonight, while I am with those friends toasting in the new year, things will be a little more special for me than they ever have been before on this night. Because I will be toasting a group of people who have become my family outside my cozy little world. You are all very special to me in so many ways. I honestly couldn't have made it through this year without each and every one of you and I thank you for that.

I am really looking forward to what 2009 has in store for me, in my personal life and in my DC life. May this new year be good to you all...and if it isn't, know that you have an incredible group of people to help pick up the pieces.

Happy New Years DC with love and {{{{{hugs}}}}}

Laurie

Laurie,
thank you for your wonderful words {{hugs}}

I wish everyone a special and lucky New Year and a big portion of luck, peace, health and passion for 2009!

Happy New Year All! Hope everyone has a safe, healthy and happy 2009!

wow, beautiful sentiment, lp.

here's wishing you all a very happy and healthy new year.

may your hand alwyas be outstretched in friendship, and never in want.

Just wanted to bump this one back up as I know there is another Happy New Years thread as well. Happy New Years everyone!!!

Back
Top Bottom