Has Anyone Eaten One Of These?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
:ohmy:

Please tell me, no one here has attempted to eat one of these :LOL:

Apparently from Jake's Wayback Burgers

151-crop.jpg

Nope! But we do order what we call "the hangover burger" from a local take away when we visit my sister.

It's made with a large sesame bun, 4 300gr pure beef patties, 4 fried eggs, thick cut tomatoes, fried onion, crispy bacon, relish, pickles and lettuce!

It's really good!

They probably have little burgers like that over in Oklahoma. When you come visit Texas you should stop in at Mel's and try the Mega burger. This restaurant is about 20 miles from my house. I can barely finish one of their doubles.

Mega Mel  Burger

1.5 pounds of fresh ground beef
1 pound of bacon
.25 pound of American cheese
lots, lots of lettuce, tomatoes, onions & pickles

:wacko: We have a bar over in Cambridge (college town) that serves one of those super duper hamburgers. Can you eat one of these in an hour? Very few have. Harvard students vs. MIT students. One of life's dumbest moments. :angel:

Unfortunately the Travel Channel and the Food Network promote programs that encourage this type of eating. Man vs. Food is a perfect example. Have these people never heard of the obesity epidemic in this country? :angel:

Ever hear of the Free 72 ounce steak dinner? This restaurant near my home town has been offering it since the '60s.

Big Texan Free 72oz steak

FREE 72OZ STEAK DINNER RULES
Meal consists of: Shrimp Cocktail, Baked Potato, Salad, with Roll, Butter, and of course the 72 oz. Steak

Entire meal must be completed in one hour. If any of the meal is not consumed (swallowed)...YOU LOSE!
Before the time starts, you will be allowed to cut into the steak, and take one bite. If the steak tastes good and is cooked to your satisfaction, we will start the time upon your acceptable approval. The time will not stop, and the contest is on, so make SURE before you say “yes.”
Once you have started you are not allowed to stand up, leave your table, or have anyone else TOUCH the meal.
You will be disqualified if anyone assists you in cutting, preparing or eating of your meal. This is YOUR contest.
You don’t have to eat the fat, but we will judge this.
Should you become ill, the contest is over... YOU LOSE! (Please use the container provided as necessary.)
You are required to pay the full amount up front; if you win we will refund 100%.
You must sit at a table that we assign.
If you do not win the steak challenge, you are welcome to take the leftovers with you.
No consumption or sharing of the leftovers is allowed in the restaurant once the contest is over.

Unfortunately the Travel Channel and the Food Network promote programs that encourage this type of eating. Man vs. Food is a perfect example. Have these people never heard of the obesity epidemic in this country? :angel:

I think this burger might encourage anorexia, put you off food for life :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom