Have Barbara in your thoughts today Please !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You are all so wonderful--You couldn't possibly know how much you all mean to us. Even though I'm not completely sure of our direction right now (other than James's training which will really help out when he finishes next year) I have been so excited! I have even been working on one of the children's books I had started so long ago. I have not felt this motivated in a long time.

:) Barbara

Sorry I didnt see this thread sooner Barb. Hope your feeling better. My best to you and James.

Barbara and James, you both are the most wonderful strong people. I know that you will pull through this rough time. Barbara, my condolences for losing one of your students. I am sure that you become really attached to them. Many hugs, SC

Thank you. It is always easier to have a positive outlook when one has the support of good friends. I can't say it enough--you are all such wonderful people!

Thank you for your kind thoughts about my former student also. Yes, I do get attached to my kids, some more than most. He was one of my favorites. Always looking for mischief but not a bad kid.

I know I'm late here Barbara and James - but Barbara, sounds like a blessing in disguise and you WILL find your way - through your faith you will get your answers. I'm so sorry to hear about your student - that is always hard. My prayers go out to his family. My prayers are ALWAYS with you and James!!!!

Thank you so much Dina and Kitchenelf. You are right, this is a blessing in disguise. I have felt such a weight off of my shoulders and I have felt so happy! Common sense would kind of say to start panicking since at the end of this school year we will both be unemployed, but I just don't feel that sense of panic. I just feel that everything is going is okay. We are really looking forward to James's CAD training (it will start in a few months) and I am looking forward to whatever path is about to open before me. I am so excited about my sewing projects I have planned, and as I have already mentioned I have started working on my book ideas again (does anyone know a good children's book publisher for 1st-time authors?). Of course if none of this works out we will be spending a week at each DC member's house. :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

There's a reason for everything and I too believe that this is something for the better for you. Look at you your bubbling over with joy so it is a good thing and that will take you to whereever you want to go. I'm jealous of the book thing. Personally, I started writing a book (romance novel) oh gosh like 7 years ago. I came across the 4 typed pages about 2 months ago and folded them up and they are tucked under this keyboard as I've been typing but haven't done any further work on it since those years ago but you've inspired me...... see a positive thing that you've passed on. I too want to learn to sew. I did it in high school but that was years ago but I bought 2 quilting books before Christmas as thats what I want to learn to do so the next time I get some extra money (should be in April) I'm buying that sewing machine I've had my eye on.

Oh and by the way..........my door is always open for you and James.

Good luck with your sewing Texasgirl! As for the book, just add a little now and then and someday you will have a book. :cool:

Barbara L said:
Thank you so much Dina and Kitchenelf. You are right, this is a blessing in disguise. I have felt such a weight off of my shoulders and I have felt so happy! Common sense would kind of say to start panicking since at the end of this school year we will both be unemployed, but I just don't feel that sense of panic. I just feel that everything is going is okay. We are really looking forward to James's CAD training (it will start in a few months) and I am looking forward to whatever path is about to open before me. I am so excited about my sewing projects I have planned, and as I have already mentioned I have started working on my book ideas again (does anyone know a good children's book publisher for 1st-time authors?). Of course if none of this works out we will be spending a week at each DC member's house. :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

C'mon up to this Winter, Water, Wonderland. It's the most beautiful land on the planet (not much good employment though). You're welcome in my home anytime. But I gotta warn ya, Lake Superior is a cold swim on the hottest days. And it gets down right chilly up here in the winter.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Back
Top Bottom