Heading back to work tomorrow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cath4420

Senior Cook
I just wanted to post a big thank you to everyone on DC. I am heading back to work tomorrow after having nearly 3 weeks off work unexpectedly so I will not be able to post as often.

During the past three weeks unbeknownst to you all I have been undergoing medical testing, nuclear radiology and biopsies for thyroid cancer. Luckily for me, I can say that the masses they found were benign. I also have found out that I have severe Hashimoto's Disease and high blood pressure, and I have now gone from being on no medication to six tablets a day and I think I am rattling. Is there anyone with the same type of condition?

Nevertheless, being able to sit and talk to you all about food, weather, our problems, our questions, has really helped keep my mind off what was going on and kept me positive. See Marge, you inspired me to keep positive.

Thank you all so much and I will try and get on here as much as I can - work and housework permitting!!

I just wanted to post a big thank you to everyone on DC. I am heading back to work tomorrow after having nearly 3 weeks off work unexpectedly so I will not be able to post as often.

During the past three weeks unbeknownst to you all I have been undergoing medical testing, nuclear radiology and biopsies for thyroid cancer. Luckily for me, I can say that the masses they found were benign. I also have found out that I have severe Hashimoto's Disease and high blood pressure, and I have now gone from being on no medication to six tablets a day and I think I am rattling. Is there anyone with the same type of condition?

Nevertheless, being able to sit and talk to you all about food, weather, our problems, our questions, has really helped keep my mind off what was going on and kept me positive. See Marge, you inspired me to keep positive.

Thank you all so much and I will try and get on here as much as I can - work and housework permitting!!
Hi Cath,
glad to hear you are cancer free..I don't have Hasimoto's but I do have very high blood pressure that was uncontrolled and it led to kidney failure..So take those meds and stay on top of that BP..Get a BP cuff, hang the expense and check, BP is a silent thing and will sneak up on you..Take good care of yourself and visit as often as you can..We will look for you. Wishing you good luck.
kadesma

Hi Cath, sorry to hear about your ill health. My mum has an underactive thyroid gland and her youngest sister has one too. They just take daily tablets but the amount is monitored and adjusted. Your tablet dose will probably reduce over time too.

I'm the reverse of Kadesma inasmuch as I got kidney failure and then got high BP. I take four tablets a day for the high BP but none of them taste so that's cool. I take 26 tablets a day though to keep the kidney and to counter the effects of some of the other problems kidney failure brought about and also ones to counter the effects of some of the other tablets!!!!!! So I know what you mean about rattling!! LOL Once you get used to it, it's a breeze but when you go from nothing to heaps, it can freak you out, but those are dim memories now. I've been on tablets now for 5 and half years so normality seems like an alternate universe!! LOL

It's been good to have another Ozzie on the site so I hope you get to check in every so often. Email me if you want a chat.

Back
Top Bottom