Healing Wife

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Just to keep everyone up-to-date, my wife just got out of surgery for repair of two damaged vertebrae. Teh doctor used a relatively new procedure where he goes in from the front, with a scope to see what's going on, and uses minimal invasive surgery to repair damaged bone, tissue, muscles, etc. The prognosis is excellent and I'm glad to have her home. She's doing well, her migraines have diminished, and her throat is healing up from the breathing tubes they stuck down her throat, so she's able to swallow more comfortably. Also, this type of surgery affects the throat muscles, again making it hard to swallow. But last night, she told me that she was able to swallow comfortably for the first time since the surgery, and that was done last Thursday. So all is happening according to plan. My prayer is that her chroninc pain is greatly diminished, which it seems to be.

The pin & needles in her extremities is gone, as well as much of the migraine pain. So far, so good. Please include her in you prayers for me.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

GW, I am so glad to hear DW is doing well. She must have suffered a lot.

That must be a great burden lifted from your shoulders. The anxiety over a loved one's pain is not a little thing.

Definately prayers from me - for you both, Goodweed.
Glad to hear things seemed to have gone well. No surgery is easy, let alone without risk. So be patient. The whole body has been traumatised by the surgery and needs time.

GW that is such wonderful news..She has my prayers and good thoughts as do you and the family..I'm so happy for all of you.
kades

Wishes for her speedy and 100% recovery!! She must be so grateful for your support and love through it all!

Goodweed I apologize for not knowing about your wife. AS much as I am on this site complaining about my minute problems and to read about your wife, truly makes me ashamed. I am praying that her recovery will come quickly. Grateful she has a husband who cares and wants her to be feeling well. Having the love you two share is most important. I have seen and experienced that when love exists at a critical time, things just turn out the right way.

Please extend to her my hope for a speedy recovery. Thanks Goodweed for update and once again sorry for the oversight on my part.

(Here I am wondering what kind of makeup mirror to use and your wife going through serious time. Talk about inconsiderate. I am sure sorry)

Goodweed I apologize for not knowing about your wife. AS much as I am on this site complaining about my minute problems and to read about your wife, truly makes me ashamed. I am praying that her recovery will come quickly. Grateful she has a husband who cares and wants her to be feeling well. Having the love you two share is most important. I have seen and experienced that when love exists at a critical time, things just turn out the right way.

Please extend to her my hope for a speedy recovery. Thanks Goodweed for update and once again sorry for the oversight on my part.

(Here I am wondering what kind of makeup mirror to use and your wife going through serious time. Talk about inconsiderate. I am sure sorry)

No need to apologize. I didn't advertize that she had physical problems, as we have strong support through our church, family, and each other. We generally keep our ailments to ourselves. Btu she could jsut use a few extra prayers right now. She is healing well, and I thank all of you for your support and love.

Life will go on, and hopefully, better than in the past. Again, there was no oversight. None of us are mid readers, and certainly can't know about something if no one has given us any info on the issue.

Besides, we (I) are barbecuing a turkey for today and having the kids over for a meal. That always cheers us all up. Maybe we'll get a small bon-fire going in the back yard tonight, and roast some marshmallows, make some s'mores.

Wow GW..... I had no idea that was going on. I am pleased that all is going well and pray for continued improvement.

No need to apologize. I didn't advertize that she had physical problems, as we have strong support through our church, family, and each other. We generally keep our ailments to ourselves. Btu she could jsut use a few extra prayers right now. She is healing well, and I thank all of you for your support and love.

Life will go on, and hopefully, better than in the past. Again, there was no oversight. None of us are mid readers, and certainly can't know about something if no one has given us any info on the issue.

Besides, we (I) are barbecuing a turkey for today and having the kids over for a meal. That always cheers us all up. Maybe we'll get a small bon-fire going in the back yard tonight, and roast some marshmallows, make some s'mores.

Goodweed, thanks for your response. Your last paragraph really touched me, hard. This is something that was once prevalent in my own family and certainly miss it. You sure know what matters most at time like this. Sounds very uplifting to have plans with the family. What more could you want? So true that family relationships are what hold them together. When one needs attention, the others support them. Beautiful! I have always felt your family is everything you put in to it. Can't commend you enough.

Be strong and know that you and family are in my prayers. Keep in touch.
And thanks for your time.

Oh, you bet you have my prayers there, GW!! It sounds like she's already doing better and I pray it continues to get better everyday!!

Back
Top Bottom