Hell's Kitchen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
I would like to know if anyone has been watching Hell's Kitchen or Celebrity Apprentice or American Idol. How can they all be having a winner at the same time? In Hell's Kitchen, Danny and Paula are the last two to be heading for the end. I like them both and Ramsay seems to be more excited about both of them. Just watching him talk to them and see his enthusiasm is contagious.

Celebrity Apprentice has Joan Rivers and Annie Duke. My vote is for Joan Rivers. May be because of her age or her relationship to her daughter. Have to admire Joan for her energy and her quick wit.

American idol has 3 people left and everyone that watches has told me they think this guy Adam will win. I liked his arrangement of Mad People. He dresses the best out of all of them. I think the guy Kris is just nice guy . You think nice guys ever finish first? How very heartbreaking but true.

Only my personal opinions. What's yours? I may be interested more in tv lately to get my mind off nursing home where my brother is since he broke ball of his shoulder in 6 places. Ouch! Always wanting pain pills. People around there sure not interested in who the winner is of these shows. Why I write you. Dogs and tv are distraction for me. Thanks for sharing.

My opinion is that doing constructive things, which require some concentration, and that you enjoy, particularly if they are appreciated by others can be a good distraction. E.G. refurbishment of kitchen tools (especially if they are hand-me-downs).

You can't fix your brothers shoulder but perhaps you could brighten up mom's or granny's noodle board, wooden chopping bowls or kettles.

I may sound selfish, but the things I mentioned I enjoy the competition of it. I do for my family all the time. I would like to do volunteer work for a needy cause however who would do for my family? Aren't there times when you want to run away to place where they don't know were you are? Seems I am the one who gets weighed down. Of course, my other brother feels he did his part by taking care of our father who abused us all. No one cried at his funeral.

Sorry to show deep emotion here but so very true. Now I have been told that I need psychiatric help. I see how others get dependent on drugs. I truly fear of what happens next.

Back
Top Bottom