Help!!! Kitty sitting problems!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fleas like sand as well as the animal's bedding. If you have anything that can go in the wash, wash it on hot with detergent. I always add some disinfectant and do a final wash with some old (clean) towels just to clean out my machine afterwards. If you see any sand in the house, that could be the flea eggs. (When my cat had an infestation, I couldn't tell the difference at first between the sand grains and the eggs.)

Flea collars not only don't work, they can damage the tender skin around the neck.

For the carpets, I used a flea spray designed for carpets as I found it worked better than the dust. (Just check the use by dates cos they really do loose their effectiveness.) Throw out any bean bag fillings (or similar) Also if you can spray and leave items in the sun for several hours that worked well.

But without the animal, and with a good cleaning, you should be fine very quickly. You haven't had the cat long enough to do too much damage.

This has served as a reminder as it is spring here and I haven't done my cats for a few months.

ugh, I usually like natural stuff, but we just had a bout with fleas this summer with our 2 cats. They never go outside, so I was shocked they had them! But they can come in on you from the yard! After relentless flea treatments from over the counter, we tried Frontline once and within 24 hours the cats were not maniacally scratching. Many pet owners told me the OTC flea stuff didn't work well, as did the vet. I rather talked to pet owners that weren't profitting from me purchasing their recommendation, and I heard frontline, over and over. If you are worried about your house, it is well worth the extra $20 to treat the kitty. And the vet also gave us some spray, but comparing that to the dept store spray, it was comparable... dunno if this helps! Hope it gets better soon! Once the kitty leaves, the fleas won't have a host anymore and will hopefully leave! :ermm: I would spend the $ on frontline instead of a bomb though. Those things are very toxic to breathe in.... And if the kitty has eggs in its fur, which most likely it does, the bomb won't help. Again, I hate using chemicals, I am an herb freak, but my kitties had fleas falling off dead within less than 24 hours.

fleas are not choosy about whom they suck warm blood from and they can live in sofa cushions, near the perimeters of your baseboards, etc., ...they have a social life, too, besides being vampirillas.........then when they're hungry they hop aboard whether you're a cat, a dog, or homo sapiens......one or two fleas are not going to make a big difference but if your home is located in a warm climate they can multiply faster than rabbits can....cheaper to treat the animal at the first sign of scrathing than to pay for an extermination

I don't know how much longer you will have the cat. As has been said, fleas do not care which warm blooded mamel they eat. Frontline works well for our dogs. Go to the garden center and get fertilizer that also treats for insects. Do this again in the spring.
If you bomb the house, all people / animals / plants need to be out. It is strong.

Kitty was only here three days... he's gone now.

Since he left I haven't seen a flea!!!! Maybe, they all went home with him???

I got a fogger and am going to use it just incase....

Back
Top Bottom