He's still my baby at 19...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kitchenelf

Chef Extraordinaire
...and he gave me a REAL fright today. He is out of town with work and two of his co-workers got into a "fight" - words were thrown about and then one whipped out, he said a razor blade but it may have been a box cutter...and slashed the other guy. My "baby" said the guy fell and lost consciousness and he was looking through the gash at the guy's lung - he held him "together" and kept compression on the 8" - 9" cut until paramedics got there. I asked him how he (meaning him, my son) was and he said "Mom, I saw his lung, I didn't want him to die on me".

Needless to say the one guy is in jail and the other guy is in critical but stable condition and should be ok. My son is on his way home with another co-worker. I know he just wants to crash when he gets here (I just want to cry when he gets here :neutral: ) - that's a lot to go through, IMHO, at 19...knowing someone's life is literally in your hands. I just want to see him.

Elf,
he will still be your baby at 40, and forever. You have a lot to be proud of in that young man...Sure, he does things that make you crazy,and get you upset, but he is really what I consider a HERO! Me being me, I'd paste a smile on my face, and hug him, tell him how I feel, wait til he was sound asleep and then go outside and cry..That is how I deal, wait til it's over and bay at the moon. You've brought up one terrific young man...Give him a big hug and kiss..And a big thank you from a mom who admires his courage and love of his brothers!!

kadesma

Vicky!!!! This is the last post I saw before I went to bed. What a wonderful endorsement of the love of our fellow man!!!! You have raised an awesome son. It's not easy these days. Congratulations to your son for his quick action and his compassionate heart. I wish I could give him a great big hug!!!!

Thanks guys for your wonderful words. He certainly felt helpless and I don't know if what he did saved his life or not but he did NOT want him to die and he did feel the responsibility. I just want to see him.

He should be home in about 2 1/2 hours or so. I just talked to him and he sounds a bit less in shock. Thanks guys for being here tonight - you know how sometimes you just need to talk and be with friends? Thanks.

Tell him I am very proud of what he did today.
Marge

Paul was just 20 when he went to Korea to fight with and to try to save the lives of Marines..It takes a special person to do what your son did.

Last edited:
Marge - Paul was a special man and I hope Max grows up to be a fraction of the man I met in Napa Valley!

Miss Elf...

I trust your son got home, and you feel relief knowing he is ok! I bet he got a big hug!! Also hope you slept well knowing he was at home safe and sound!
Take care......

first of all, way to go elfie's son!

secondly, good job on raising him right, elfie.

give him a pat on the back for us.

btw, did the other guy survive? i hope so.

You've got a fine young man there, not too many people could or would do what your son did. He will always be your baby ! Keep us posted on the condition of the injured man. Big hug to your son.

Barb L.

buckytom said:
first of all, way to go elfie's son!

secondly, good job on raising him right, elfie.

give him a pat on the back for us.

btw, did the other guy survive? i hope so.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

You got a good kid there, KE!

:) You have a great kid!The way he reacted to a crisis shows he has a good head on his shoulders and a good heart.You better make him his favorite dinner and dessert tonight.

Vicki...this has obviously been a harrowing time for you, but how proud you must be of Max.
It is so reassuring to read things like this after all the negative stuff about young people in the press. There are definitely some very special young ones about, and it is obvious that you have given life skills and exceptional values to your son.

My love and admiration to you both! Hope Max is doing Ok.

Your son did a wonderful and brave thing elf! I'm sure by now you've given him lots of hugs, and I bet, given the circumstances, he's let you hug him a lot more than he normally would at 19.

Here's a big hug for you, too!:)

The guy is in critical but stable condition at the moment.

Everyone's words have been so kind and nice. He got home around 3:00 and we talked until around 5:00 - he just needed to get it all out. And yes, PA, he was throwing out the "I love you's" like they were free :LOL: I am proud of him now that I know "the rest of the story". He saved a man's life yesterday and now he has to process it.

Back
Top Bottom