Hi Everyone!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrincessinAK

Assistant Cook
I haven't posted in a loong while, but I wanted to say hello!

I recently took a trip and fell head over heels in love with Morocco. Those peeps KNOW how to eat! I loved the country and I loved the food! Can you beleive that 4 HUNGRY adults can eat at a super fancy restaurant, served by extremely polite waiters for only $15?! Well I couldn't but we did!

We went to Marrakesh and loaded up on spices, olives, preserved lemons and such but the best thing I brought back with me would have to be the olive oil! It's so pure and fresh that I treat it like gold or something when using it to flavor our foods. Delicious!!

And the fruits! We're way up here in Alaska where all our fruits are shipped from the other states so it was a real joy to have fresh locally grown fruits right there at our fingertips...in the middle of January! Imagine that :0)

Well I've spouted off enough for now, peace out!

What fruits were available while you were there? My sister was in Israel a few weeks around Christmas and really made me hungry talking about the fresh dates and figs and the citrus, which is different than what we have. BTW, my dd will be in Alaska next week. She's never been there but is going on a business trip. She's not looking forward to such an extreme difference in temps, but doesn't have a choice. Hope it is mild while she's there.

how wonderfully exotic, Princess! You are so blessed to be able to travel and experience such a rich culture! What kinds of foods did you eat? fruits? Would love to hear more details! any pics you can post?:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom