Holiday gift exchange?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
so, say we give $10-20-ish gifts to each other, draw randomly... maybe administration could draw who gives to whom.
i recieved cards from yins, & appreciated them plenty...:flowers:
simple stuff, that matters plenty. at least to me. & probably plenty of others.

Nice thought Luvs but in my case it would cost more probably in postage charges than the gift! Might work fine for you locals though. Think I might limit myself to Karma gifts!!

Admins are not going to get involved in this one. If you want to do it, fly at it though. My only caution is to only exchange with folks you know well and trust. Lets not forget the lessons we learned with the Apron.

let's drop that, then. i was ill during that travelling apron gig, so i'm kinda oblivious to that. figured we could give token gifts; i rescind.
maybe virtual cards.
i traded with others, skepticaly so, except that went well.

Last edited:
What we learned is that even well intentioned plans such as this can backfire and cause heartache and misery. The apron was something that was passed from member to member, but one person decided to take it and never send it on and leave the forum forever. He took the apron along with all the goodies that were being sent with it as well.

We did it last year Luvs.... it was fun!
:)Im game.I think that would be alot of fun.Maybe a list of those who would like to participate, pick a pair randomly and they exchange with each other,senior Dhrs to each other and newbies to each other.Others on different continents to each other.But you need to sign up if you are up for it.

:) Still like the real gift idea even if it just stuff from the Chamber of Commerce or other little local gifts maybe edible treats from where you live.As I said before sign up if you want or dont and set a dollar limit maybe $10.00 or less but no more than $20.00.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom