Holiday gift ideas...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
Care to share what gifts you are giving this season?

I have lots of gifts for my 6 yr old granddaughter for Christmas, but I always give a money gift to my grown sons, DIL's and grown grands.

Maybe I'm lazy but the green color is festive and I know the gifts won't be
unwanted or returned. ;)
Anyway, this year folding money has another meaning and I'm having fun too. These tutorials are especially good and easy to follow and maybe somebody else wants to do this too. Most masterpieces fit just fine in an envelope or a small box for opening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVjmuyfogxU&list=PL1U3wB3X27Q2bAFWKcc2tucXrxUW1PiEM&index=15

My closest grands won't be up here until after the 1st of the year. Their mom got a promotion and can't take off or the holidays this year. She's the lowest on the managerial totem pole this year. When they do come up, we'll take them to get some clothes and a toy each. My oldest grandkids will get a gift card, they are in Iowa and want to pick out their own stuff.

Care to share what gifts you are giving this season?

I have lots of gifts for my 6 yr old granddaughter for Christmas, but I always give a money gift to my grown sons, DIL's and grown grands.

Maybe I'm lazy but the green color is festive and I know the gifts won't be
unwanted or returned. ;)
Anyway, this year folding money has another meaning and I'm having fun too. These tutorials are especially good and easy to follow and maybe somebody else wants to do this too. Most masterpieces fit just fine in an envelope or a small box for opening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVjmuyfogxU&list=PL1U3wB3X27Q2bAFWKcc2tucXrxUW1PiEM&index=15

As a fellow grandmother, I thank you very much for this idea. DH and I will be sending "Christmas Trees" this year.

As a fellow grandmother, I thank you very much for this idea. DH and I will be sending "Christmas Trees" this year.

Ohhh goodie Cookie! I think the kids will get a kick out of their money this year. There is a shirt and tie version, but I have yet to master it. Hubby and I are using practice dollar bills and having fun trying different tutorials.

Be sure to get new bills from the bank for the gifts. Merry Christmas!:santa:

Thanks foyr the link. We'll be sending each grand child $8 with two or three new fishing flies that I'm busy tying, and beaded jewelry that Dw is making. Each grandchild has a disply box that I made for them a couple years back. Their half full of salmom flies, grasshoppers, crayfish, and various nymphs. They love the flies
Their parents need to take them fishing. Both sets of parents live in prime fly fishing country, one set in Grand Rapids, Mi., and the other in Northwest Montana. I hope they get to go this summer. The flies they will get this year are both nymph patterns, the Montana Nymph, and the Poacher Nymph
I've got the first 5 tied
I'll complete the Poacher Nimphs today, the start folding money into Christnas trees.

A holiday treat idea, add chopped pecans, and mini chocolate chip morsels, along with cinanon to homemade rice krispy treats. Tage a glop and roll into a log
Shape like a candy cane and wrap in plastic wrap. You could also make a little ball on popsicle stick to make rice krispy treat pops.

I try to make something my parents enjoed every Christmas. My Mom loved date-filled cookies. My Dad loved peanut-caramel bars
I,ll be making both, along with cinamon flavored rice krispy treats to take to the family get together on Christmas day.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Who wouldn't love this gift? Handmade, the right color, and practical. :santa:

Attachments

• PC190038.jpg
    PC190038.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 173
I want to give dired porcini powder. Used as a seasoning, it adds amazing flavor to ps, sauces, gravies, pasta sauce, anywhere yoy want a rich mushroom flavor, without solid mushrooms. Even people who don't like mushrooms like the flavor this adds to foods. I've used it in the past, but didn't know where to find it. I found it on line yesterday and immediately thought of giving it as a gift. I'll be ordering 5 packages tonight. I hope they make it to me before Christmas.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Who wouldn't love this gift? Handmade, the right color, and practical. :santa:

DH and I just finished making 4 Christmas Trees. DH having been a boy who made paper airplanes did a much better job of it. lol Now, if our granddaughter gets over her cold in time and the family can get together, we are ready with our trees. Thanks again Kayelle, that was fun. ;)

DH and I just finished making 4 Christmas Trees. DH having been a boy who made paper airplanes did a much better job of it. lol Now, if our granddaughter gets over her cold in time and the family can get together, we are ready with our trees. Thanks again Kayelle, that was fun. ;)

Hi Kayelle, just want to let you know that we haven't given out our trees yet. Hoping everyone will be well enough for a get together someday real soon. I am making a copy of a Christmas card DD made a few years ago, with everyone on it. I am going to cut their pictures out round and put on the money tree like an ornament. Should be cute, I hope. lol

That's a cute idea with their pictures Cookie. My family got a real kick out of their Benjamin Franklin money trees and I found cute little Christmas boxes for them at the ... wait for it, dollar store. ;)

Last edited:
Funny you should mention that store. DH went there today for the first time. He could not get over all the food they had. He came home with a couple bags of stuff. lol I think he went there looking for just this one thing, I forgot what it was.

WOW, I just looked it up. And I thought my family was doing good getting Grant's picture. lol

Last edited:
Hi Kayelle, just want to let you know that we haven't given out our trees yet. Hoping everyone will be well enough for a get together someday real soon. I am making a copy of a Christmas card DD made a few years ago, with everyone on it. I am going to cut their pictures out round and put on the money tree like an ornament. Should be cute, I hope. lol

Hi Kayelle, well, last night we finally had our very late family Christmas get together. Everyone had fun looking on the tree for the gifts and they were so surprised and impressed with the paper trees. I gave you the credit. Thanks again!!!!!!

My parents are doctors, and on Christmas night they were at work. My grandmother broke her leg the night before Christmas, and my older brother decided to celebrate Christmas with his girlfriend. So, I spent this Christmas alone, and all the presents I had prepared for my family turned out to be unnecessary. My grandmother is getting discharged in a few days, and my mom said we would celebrate New Year's Eve. With that of their attitude toward the holiday, I had no desire to think of interesting gift ideas, so I just ordered gift baskets for everyone at www.jetgiftbaskets.com. If I could take those baskets back to the store, I would. My family members don't deserve gifts.

My parents are doctors, and on Christmas night they were at work. My grandmother broke her leg the night before Christmas, and my older brother decided to celebrate Christmas with his girlfriend. So, I spent this Christmas alone, and all the presents I had prepared for my family turned out to be unnecessary. My grandmother is getting discharged in a few days, and my mom said we would celebrate New Year's Eve. With that of their attitude toward the holiday, I had no desire to think of interesting gift ideas, so I just ordered gift baskets for everyone at www.jetgiftbaskets.com. If I could take those baskets back to the store, I would. My family members don't deserve gifts.
This is the most creative spam I've ever seen lol Congrats.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom