Holiday week-end

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hoot

Executive Chef
Moderator Emeritus
We took off on Friday morn to head for the mountains of Maryland and W. Va. to my wife's family reunion. It was quite an enjoyable drive to the town where she was born and to visit with a huge passel of her relatives. Mrs Hoot was born in Keyser, W.Va. There are a number of nearby towns where a lot of her relatives live.....Barton, Westernport, Lonaconing, Md, as well as Paw Paw, WV. We had a wonderful time. on the way there, we stopped in Haymarket Va, where I stumbled across an ice cream stand called Pickle Bob's Soft Serve Ice cream. With a name like that I had to check it out. It was, however, quite a busy place and we elected to press on and stop on the way home. But, as so often happens, we were unable to get back to Haymarket as, my BIL knew a short cut that would save us about an hour and a half of driving. I was overruled in my objections, having been on his "short cuts" before. This time it turned out it really was a good short cut, but we did not pass through Haymarket. Oh well, you can't have ever'thing, I reckon. Anybody ever hear of Pickle Bob's place? A search by Google indicates that there is only the one store. I hope to get back there one of these days.

Last edited:
pickle bob's ice cream?

sounds like an after care fertility clinic...:cool:

gald you had a good time, hoot.

today is my dad's 88th birthday, but we just heard the garden state parkway was closed, so there goes our trip to see him.

we're just gonna stay home, swim in my little pool (12 feet by 39 inches), garden - gotta put down some grubex and fertilizer, build a trellis, plant the cukes, and shoot off some of the fireworks we picked up on pennsylvania yesterday.

happy independence day to everyone!

condolences to our brit friends... :)

Back
Top Bottom