Hoping for a heart for our oldest son's best friend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
Our son's best friend since 4th grade is in the hospital needing a heart transplant. He's 26 years old.

It is possibly a genetic thing, enlarged organs [maybe] too from birth, not sure of that part, but like BT's best friend Ozzy, he admitted to us that he's done an over abundance of pretty much everything. He told my husband and I the other night that he's lived the life of a rock star since he was 18, as money was never far from reach. Our son has remained good friends with him through all of these years, but taken a stand against his over indulgence [and called him on it several times] warning him of the probable outcome if he didn't stop.

We don't know the chance of a heart transplant. He is so young and has an odd blood type, if that makes a difference.

This has all come as such as shock, at least to my husband and myself, as he was the most wonderful little guy and sweetheart in general. It's all too much on his parents [as anyone can imagine] they are having a time of it. He's never left home and has always lived with them.

My hope and prayer is a for miracle. I've sat in the hospital with him several times, he takes my hands, holds them both, and every once in a while, takes them to his face and kisses them, it's very sad. He is so beautiful. I'm thinking of him as that little boy, that beautiful special little person, who had the bull by the horns and was on his way to a wonderful life, wondering where it all faded off to. He has realized his part [and] is disappointed as well, very much wanting to plan for the future.

Like BT felt about Ozzy, sometimes a person needs a second go around in life.
If it's in your heart, I ask for prayers and good thoughts regarding this young mans life.
I pray God's will be done [whatever that may be].

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

I'm so sorry for your troubles, LEFSElover.
Today I'll hold your hand in my prayers.

Courage is the first of human qualities because it is the
quality which guaranties all the others
Winston Churchill

Every child comes with the message that God is not yet
discouraged of man.
Rabindranath Tagore

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

prayers going out.

I have seen so many promising young people violate their bodies either in the name of athletic superiority or the "pleasure" of the moment. It's tragic. I always hope that whatever happens, they will use their experience to try to spread the word to other kids of the dangers of those substances.....

I thank you all for this nice way of starting my day and will end up being a good day for him too. It took me 1 1/2 hours to write this beginning early this morning at 3 am, couldn't sleep. Didn't want to say too much, didn't want to annoy or bore but he's so on my mind. All will transpire as it's suppose to, is my prayer this morning.

LEFSE! You know you could never annoy or bore me. I can tell how heavy your heart is. I will be praying for this young man. This is what it's all about LEFSE - reaching out to your friends here and getting a little support back. :flowers:

My hope and prayer is a for miracle.
I am a definite believer in miracles (I was once given an hour to live), and I am praying for your son's friend. The odd blood type does make a difference, in the natural, but when it comes to miracles it doesn't mean a thing. I am praying for that miracle.

:flowers: Barbara

There are many reasons why a heart can go in a yound person, it may have nothing to do with his activities.

I truly hope he gets a heart.

As I knew you would be, you are all so blessed to be such incredible people.
A heart, I just can't even fathom what that means.
I went to go see him today, he was just then falling asleep.
When I went later, too many people there.
Good for him and his family, but too overcrowded and I was concerned about wearing him out.
Prayers are so helpful, thank you all very much.
And yes Auntdot, you never know why a heart goes out, it really could have something to do with a past condition undetected.

All the prayers that can possibly come your way, are coming!! No matter what he has done in the past, he's too young to leave this world. I will hope everyday for a heart for this young man. God Bless!!

This breaks my heart, Lefse. When we have to face our mortality, we often focus on our regrets and shortcomings. I think it's human nature. But you must tell your young friend he is a child of God and the universe and he is not a mistake! We've all done things we regret later or made decisions that were not the right ones. It doesn't make us less deserving or less precious. I am adding my prayers and thoughts that he receive the gift of a new heart and that he will be restored to his family - whole and healthy. Keep us updated on how he is doing.

Back
Top Bottom