"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-22-2020, 07:03 PM   #1
Assistant Cook

Horrific Stories!

Hello! You may share your most scary stories here!

Last night I was sleeping and I heard a noise at 3:07 am! I thought a devil may be... residing in my house. I am a huge Conjuring fan! I went downstairs to catch the devil. It was my husband washing dishes though! He's very gluttonous! I imagined crazy high pitched music was playing in the background. If was... horrifying!

AntHill5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 06:47 PM   #2
Senior Cook

I had ghost(s) in the house but I'm pretty sure it/they are gone now.

strmanglr scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 07:34 PM   #3
Master Chef

I was eating some potted ham the other day and realized I was out of Grey Poupon..it was horrifying...
Rocklobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 08:33 PM   #4
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Ghost stories, I have a few.
When I was 12-13,several times I saw a man with a beard looking in my bedroom window. The window was 1.5 floors up. I could never find any marks from a ladder. I was startled but never scared. Years later Grandma and I were going through a box of old photos. I grabbed one and held it out to her, "Who is this?" The picture was the man who looked in my window. Grandma told me it was a picture of my Grandfather when he was about 20 years old. I was the only grandchild my Grandfather ever knew.
Old 02-23-2020, 10:46 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

Went into a motel room in Lansing MI. with DW when we were young. As soon as we walked in, there was a malevolent presence that we both felt imediately. The room was empty except for us. I raised my right arm to the square and commanded the presence to be gone, in the name of the Savior
The room then felt safe and we felt safe from then on. That's my true, spooky story.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 02:39 PM   #6
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklobster View Post
I was eating some potted ham the other day and realized I was out of Grey Poupon..it was horrifying...
You grew ham in a pot? How... flamboyant!
AntHill5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 04:47 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

Another horrifying story: The first year of our marriage, DW took me to meet one her friends in Southern California, about 50 miles away from where she had grown up. We had a great time until her friend cooked us some steaks on a little hibachi grill that she owned. She said that she made the best steaks ever. Before throwing them on hte grill, she salted them, and dusted them profusely with baking soda. She then cooked them to medium rare. All I could taste was the baking soda. It was horifying. I bit my tongue and told her how great her steaks were.

As a 14 year old, I got egged while riding an air-cooled motorcycle on Halloween night. Picking the scrambled eggs off of the hot muffler, and air baffles in the heads was horrifying. Does that count?

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- https://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 05:44 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

About thirty years ago, We moved into this house. We were vacating an apartment, and our niece was moving in, so we left almost all of the furniture, planning to furnish our new digs from scratch...

First couple of days were spent just as you would think.... cleaning, painting and shopping .... We were spending our nights on a huge pile of blankets in the downstairs bedroom, as the only stuff in the house were the appliances....
We weren't bothered at all by the fact that the previous owner had died on the living room floor.
First night, lights are out and we are on our way to slumber land when this noise comes from the other end of the house; it sounded like maybe a picture fell off the wall, except there was nothing hanging.... I go the old elbow in the side and the words, "Go see what that was!"

I went, and found nothing.

After about 40 minutes or so, there it was again ! DW said, "That sounded like someone dropped a dish !" I was by this time getting a little shook up, but I made the rounds again, and again found nothing untoward.
I don't believe in ghosts, but by this time I must admit that the thought of the previous owner haunting the place was worming its way into my mind....
We lay there, neither of us doing any sleeping, until, sure enough, there it was, the sound of something crashing.... to the floor ??

Well, to make a long story short, I should mention that we'd never had an Ice-Maker in our Fridge before ............
Old 03-22-2020, 06:21 PM   #9
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

ROFL!!!
Old 03-22-2020, 09:13 PM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
ROFL!!!
I had to tell DH the story, because I laughed so loudly.
Old 03-22-2020, 09:19 PM   #11
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I had to tell DH the story, because I laughed so loudly.
I had the same problem, the horrifying part of my story is the ice cubes taste horrible. Can't use them for drinks, only to chill things down, from the outside..
Old 03-22-2020, 10:23 PM   #12
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckytrim View Post
Well, to make a long story short, I should mention that we'd never had an Ice-Maker in our Fridge before ............
I can't tell you how many times I have almost jumped out of my skin. lol
My desk is about 6 ft. from the fridge.
cookieee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 12:31 AM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Not horrific, but kinda spooky. Back in 1989 I bought a duplex with my (now ex) husband. I kept seeing (out of the corner of my eye) a cat sitting on the stairs into the basement, where the family room and kitchen were. One day I mentioned it to my ex. He said, that he hadn't seen the cat, but he had seen a mouse out of the corner of his eye on many occasions. After that, I sometimes "saw" the mouse too. We wondered if there was interaction between the two of them. We also wondered if there was an interesting story.
Old 03-23-2020, 07:48 AM   #14
Executive Chef

Lucky that's truly funny, thanks!