hospitality management

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

masteraznchefjr

Sous Chef
im taking a hospitality management course next year, but i don't know what it is except learning how to manage resturants and hotels and provide good service to people. I heard it was a fun course so i choose it since you get to go to hotels in the dc area and learn how they run them.

can any of your guys give me more in depth information about hospitality management?

Is this in college or high school, master?
I took that class in high school, and it was really a great one!!! The owner of one of the restaurants we visited was impressed with me, and offered me a job (I think there were about 20 of us, and we were only there to learn about it, not look for business). I took it, and it was my first job ever. I think that's why I love food preparation and presentation so much, because of that opportunity.

i'm not sure, mastrazn, but you make sure to get yourself into some culinary classes once you graduate!

The classes are actually pretty good intro to how things are, but what's amazing is what they DON'T show you. There's a whole nother side to it that you don't see until you actually start working in the business.

Back
Top Bottom