House Hunting and Hopeful

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joesfolk

Head Chef
We have been looking for a house in our price range for some time now. We are very low income. A house has come on the market that we are bidding on today but it turns out that there are at least two other offers on the table. For a house of this quality to be in our range is almost a miracle. Please pray that our offer will be accepted and that everything works out so that we can have a decent place to live. Thanks so much. I wasn't sure if this is the right place for this request but I did put it under the "support" tag. Please stop and pray now even if just very briefly.

I'm not a praying man, but I wish you all the best. I hope everything goes your way.

You got it, Joesfolk !!

My youngest son just closed the deal on his first home. It too was a sweet deal, and I was worried he'd never be able to afford a home here in California. I'm so happy for him and his new wife, and very happy he won't have to move far away from his Mama. ;)
I'm praying hard for you too !!

Thanks so much everyone. We wanted to see the house once more before we made our offer. We arrived at the house and waited for our agent to show. While we were waiting three (yes, three) other agents showed up with their clients. So we went directly to the real estate office to make our offer and looked at the house again after that. We made an offer well above the asking price but still within our price range. We are hoping that we have offered enough to beat the other offers as the bank will be entertaining all offers. We won't know for a couple of weeks if we have been accepted or not. So please keep praying. This house meets most of our needs, especially the important ones. If we don't get this house then we will rest assured knowing that it just wasn't in the Lord's plan for us. Keep praying please!

I'll keep you in my prayers joesfolk. My DD and SIL got a great deal on a house a couple of years ago. The first house they bid on fell through and they were very disappointed but the next house turned out to be even better. UB has it right, if one door closes....

Thanks so much everyone. We wanted to see the house once more before we made our offer. We arrived at the house and waited for our agent to show. While we were waiting three (yes, three) other agents showed up with their clients. So we went directly to the real estate office to make our offer and looked at the house again after that. We made an offer well above the asking price but still within our price range. We are hoping that we have offered enough to beat the other offers as the bank will be entertaining all offers. We won't know for a couple of weeks if we have been accepted or not. So please keep praying. This house meets most of our needs, especially the important ones. If we don't get this house then we will rest assured knowing that it just wasn't in the Lord's plan for us. Keep praying please!

Making an offer above the asking price is a huge deal. I hope they accept it!

Now is the time to look for a house. Prices are real good.

Best of luck.

Still waiting to hear something. I know it's too early to expect an answer from the bank (It' a foreclosure owned by the bank.) but we offered so much over the asking price that I am hoping for an early, quick acceptance. I know I shouldn't wish my life away but I wish it were next week.

Last edited:
Hope you are going to get it. I am in the same shoes, we have been looking for the house we can affort for few years now. So I know how you feel. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom