Houston we have a problem!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Somebunny

Executive Chef
Dangity dang, dang dang! We lost power about 10 minutes ago! An out if nowhere windstorm just popped up and now no electricity! This could potentially ruin our Christmas dinner. I have a gas cook top, but an electric oven. May have to alter plans for the prime rib, maybe cook it on the grill if we can keep the thing lit! Hmmm, I wonder how my pecan pie will do in the Q. Oh dear! I have a little bit of sewing to do too! Argh!

Dangity dang, dang dang! We lost power about 10 minutes ago! An out if nowhere windstorm just popped up and now no electricity! This could potentially ruin our Christmas dinner. I have a gas cook top, but an electric oven. May have to alter plans for the prime rib, maybe cook it on the grill if we can keep the thing lit! Hmmm, I wonder how my pecan pie will do in the Q. Oh dear! I have a little bit of sewing to do too! Argh!

Oh no! (((hugs)))

I hope your power comes back really quickly.

Somebunny I truly feel for you. But Christmas dinner isn't about the food. Memories can be made out of the inventive ways you rectify the situation. I think your pie would do very well "Q'd" :LOL:. But I will be praying for a quick return for your power! :) {{{{{{{{{{{{Somebunny}}}}}}}}}}}}

Thanks Taxlady and Laurie. Of course Christmas isn't about the food at all! And We are very creative folks! But it seems that creativity will not be needed the power just came back on, as I was writing this! :)

Sorry to hear that, Somebunny. We had our power flicker here a couple times, but it came back on. It did something to the tv sound though in the living room. Mark is trying to fiddle with it right now. There are so many thing hooked up around that big tv, I'm not messin' with it.

One year a hurricane (Iwa) hit Hawaii just before Thanksgiving. We had a group of guests coming, and hadn't had electricity for a week (an all-electric house). I contacted my guests and let them know Thanksgiving would be on come he-- or high water, if I had to chop that 20 pound turkey into cubes and skewer them, cooking them on the hibachi, and eating salads and veggies cooked in packets on the hibachi. Long into the wee hours of Thanksgiving morning, the electricity came back on. Until you've done without it for an extended period of time, you don't quite realize how much noise all the electrical appliances in your house increase the noise level!

One year a hurricane (Iwa) hit Hawaii just before Thanksgiving. We had a group of guests coming, and hadn't had electricity for a week (an all-electric house). I contacted my guests and let them know Thanksgiving would be on come he-- or high water, if I had to chop that 20 pound turkey into cubes and skewer them, cooking them on the hibachi, and eating salads and veggies cooked in packets on the hibachi. Long into the wee hours of Thanksgiving morning, the electricity came back on. Until you've done without it for an extended period of time, you don't quite realize how much noise all the electrical appliances in your house increase the noise level!

I remember moving from a house with a gas fridge to one with an electric fridge. I thought that thing was outrageously loud.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom