How are you feeling now about..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We have only one up-scale resto in this one horse little city. We went to dinner there just once. Although the food was remarkable with up-scale prices to match, we just hated their choice of "decor" so we never went back and that was several years ago. About a month ago, we got an email from them announcing their new online menu for both lunches and dinners to be delivered to the trunk of your car while you wait outside, after placing your online order. Their food is just as remarkable as it was then, and we have a dining room at home that is much more beautiful than theirs. ;)
We are "hearty" eaters and the portions are more than enough for us to share. The new menu for the week has us drooling, and often ordering. See menu for this week below. GG be sure to check out the Trout Tostada...'OLE:zorro: Hee Hee,

It's a win-win for us, and I'll be very disappointed when they re-open the restaurant. I'll beg them to keep this fabulous service.

Attachments

• 2015 Dinner and Specials Menu.pdf
    418.7 KB · Views: 74
We are "hearty" eaters and the portions are more than enough for us to share. The new menu for the week has us drooling, and often ordering. See menu for this week below. GG be sure to check out the Trout Tostada...'OLE:zorro: Hee Hee,

It's a win-win for us, and I'll be very disappointed when they re-open the restaurant. I'll beg them to keep this fabulous service.
Sounds like a great place to order from! [emoji16] Trout tostada, eh? Hmmm... ;)

Sounds like a great place to order from! [emoji16] Trout tostada, eh? Hmmm... ;)

GG, keep in mind that Santa Paula, Ca. is mostly Hispanic. They sure had to put something on their menu that describes a fancy Tostada. :LOL::zorro:
With my Irish-German heritage and his Russian Jewish heritage we're sure in the minority here. Buying holiday cards in this town is pretty funny. I can sure find my Christmas cards, but there's never any for Hanukkah. :ohmy::ROFLMAO:

Anyway folks, back to the original subject and sorry for going off the rail on my part. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I could have guessed that! :angry:
It burns me up about them complaining their "Civil Rights" are in question. Masks show that we care about others, not just ourselves. I could have it and not know it, and they could too.

"Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" belong to us all.

Masks are required in our only supermarket and also in Costco now.
SC stopped at our little Mexican market we like so much, and he came home saying not everyone had a mask on. This "mama bear" came unglued and I called the store and a man answered the phone in Spanish. In English, I asked to speak with the manager. In perfect English, he said "this is the manager", and I proceeded to voice my complaint. He responded with a "bad attitude". That's when my fireworks started.
Looks like we won't be shopping there anymore until none of us need a mask anymore, and that will be a very long time I'm afraid.

This is an update for the above from the post I made on 5/9....

"YOU MUST WEAR A MASK IN OUR STORE...ONE WILL BE PROVIDED"
Souschef went there yesterday to fill our gallon bottles of spring water outside, and it seems that the sign has been on the door since my phone call to the "manager". SC will now shop there again, with pleasure, we've always enjoyed that store.

Someone posted this on Facebook. I think this summarizes it well.

If I wear a mask and I'm wrong... I wore a mask.

If you DON'T wear a mask and you're WRONG... one of us could DIE.
#HumanDecency

Someone posted this on Facebook. I think this summarizes it well.
If I wear a mask and I'm wrong... I wore a mask.

If you DON'T wear a mask and you're WRONG... one of us could DIE.
#HumanDecency
That there is some real wisdom, taxy.

Sadly, those who should heed it are the last to do it. :( Still, I'm going to move this quote over to my facebook feed and hope it makes a little difference.

This was a really big day in my limited world lately...I got my long awaited haircut!!:w00t2:
I was impressed by the various precautions taken, such as no blow dryers were allowed to be used, and that's fine with me. I've always just run my fingers though my wash and wear hair, but there was a whining woman who was making an issue of that sensible and understandable rule.
Good grief, it was 85 degrees here today, so just leave lady! Grrrr...:mad:

Just the same, I had a great time there, and tipped my usual hairdresser 100%.:flowers:

Last edited:
This was a really big day in my limited world lately...I got my long awaited haircut!!:w00t2:
I was impressed by the various precautions taken, such as no blow dryers were allowed to be used, and that's fine with me. I've always just run my fingers though my wash and wear hair, but there was a whining woman who was making an issue of that sensible and understandable rule.
Good grief, it was 85 degrees here today, so just leave lady! Grrrr...:mad:

Just the same, I had a great time there, and tipped my usual hairdresser 100%.:flowers:

Got my haircut Wednesday too. Boy do I feel a lot better. My hair hasn't been that long since just before my first haircut.

Attachments

• C10DB915-5E57-40E6-9651-4E82CA64FA9C_1_105_c.jpg
    C10DB915-5E57-40E6-9651-4E82CA64FA9C_1_105_c.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 76
Being from the Buffalo area, and having lived there when the Buffalo Wings craze first started, all I can say about Hozy's menu is, at least they know that the blue cheese dressing is for dipping celery sticks, not the bloody wings! If your mouth needs cooling down, well that's what Molson's or Genesee Cream Ale are for!

Last edited:
Being from the Buffalo area, and having lived there when the Buffalo Wings craze first started, all I can say about Hozy's menu is, at least they know that the blue cheese dressing is for dipping celery sticks, not the bloody wings! If your mouth needs cooling down, well that's what Molson's or Genesee Cream Ale are for!
I'm a life long east coaster. I get my wings dry. Sauce and blue cheese dressing on the side. AND YES I dip in the sauce THEN the blue cheese. Save the celery for a salad.
27696-albums1090-picture7065.gif
27696-albums1090-picture7036.gif

A Rita on the side.
27696-albums1090-picture8321.gif

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom