How did you find DC?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

keltin

Washing Up
Does everyone remember how they found DC? I was doing a Google search on “grilled meatloaf” and this thread was returned. I read that thread and then just stuck around! How did everyone else come by DC?

I actually was looking for a good cooking/food message forum.
It was amazingly DIFFICULT to locate DC.

Forum is the key search term, not chat board, not message board...

Glad I found it. :)

I was a member of another cooking discussion forum which slowly was dying and getting spammed. Some of the others mentioned DC and I can along and visited, liked what I saw and stayed.

I was in search for grilling recipes and how to pickle different items. I found what I was looking for here and then discovered the "off topic, jokes" section and I have been hooked ever since.

I was a member of the FoodTV boards. They weere going downhill fast. MJ, a previous admin here at DC, was a member there too and invited me over here. He told me how great everyone was and he was not wrong. It was the best internet move I ever made.

Like GrillingFool, I was searching specifically for a cooking discussion forum. Not sure what search terms worked, but I found it, read a bunch of threads, and liked the friendly atmosphere.

btw, I never properly introduced myself. I love to cook and wish I had more people to cook for than just my DH and me, and sometimes an exchange student. Sometimes friends, but my health hasn't been great the past several years, so we haven't been entertaining as much as I would like. But I'm getting better and our kitchen remodel is almost done, so I'm planning a very special dinner party :chef:

I was not a very good cook when we first got married; several years later, I took a class on cooking with herbs and just loved it. I fell in love with cooking after that, and since I love to read, sometimes I buy cookbooks just to learn about how that style of cooking developed.

Recently my closest friend told me her former mother-in-law cooked something different EVERY DAY! She would stop at the store on her way home to pick up anything she needed and make something new. So that's my new cooking inspiration - not quite every day, because there are some favorites that DH and I couldn't do without ;) but I'm getting more adventurous. And I love it here :)

i was unhappy with all of the trolls, axe-grinders, and cliques on a few other foodie sites, so i searched for a smaller, friendlier site. i found some kind of poll (on c2c, i think?) that listed this site as the 36th or 37th most popular, so i joined.
within a few weeks, the food tv chat shut down and a wave of newbies arrived. i just sorta became one of the crowd of new guys.

I found DC on (my Yahoo) putting in - cooking forum. I liked the layout and how this one is handled. Its the only one I have joined, love it !

I was a member of the same board as miniman. Apparently the site wasn't moderated very well...or at all. Over a short period of time it was so smarmy I wanted to wash my hands after I'd used my own keyboard, if you get my meaning.

One of the members of my old board referred me here and I've been here ever since.

Same as others have mentioned, I was a member on Food network forums and this site was suggested to me. Love it here!

I was looking for a copy-cat type recipe for the tiny gingerbread muffins at Jason's Deli that I could mix up in my bread maker and I ended up here. I had been thinking about the best way to try and learn to cook. School, individual classes, DVD's, hiring a tutor, etc. When I started reading the posts here, I thought this might be a good place to start since DCers seemed very willing to answer even elementary questions. Also, I like the way the site is set up - it's so easy to search. Last but not least, there are some really funny people here and I LOVE that!

I was Googling food stuff (forget what it was now though) and one of the links deep into the search brought me to a post here... I started looking around and I liked what I saw! I used to be quite active in other food forums, one in particular that shut down (unfortunately) and a few that are still quite popular, but then I started pulling back as some of them became too cliquey, some too snooty, one or two just too overbearing (rules, rules more rules... and few other rules) and a couple that were just toooooo boring *snore*.

But this place, WOW, what a find! It has all of what I enjoyed in other forums (or is it fora:ermm:) and none of what I disliked.

That's a winning formula in my book, so thanks for letting me in :)

G

I think I had gone to www.ask.com and asked "which is better wolf or viking" since I was in the market for a new range and was getting conflicting information from various salespeople. Behold! There was a thread dedicated to that exact topic. I ended up with the Wolf after the good advice given by the DC people and have been very happy with my selection.

Does everyone remember how they found DC? I was doing a Google search on “grilled meatloaf” and this thread was returned. I read that thread and then just stuck around! How did everyone else come by DC?

Hey, that's my thread!:LOL:

I was looking for a good food/cooking forum and found this place in short order.

Well, about the best that I can do is that I was searching for something. Either a food, or technique, or something, but I came across this forum more than a year ago and found the greatest group of people... glad I found this place!

I was (and still am) a member of Cooking Club of America. Another member (can't remember his name, but he isn't around anymore) posted a link to DC, so I checked it out. I have been here ever since and love it. :cool: I told a few others at CCOA about it and they joined here too.

:)Barbara

Back
Top Bottom