How do you become Cook of the Month?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Silver said:
so what are the qualifications for one to be bestowed such an honour?
I think you have to buddy up to Alix (give her some big karma hits),:rolleyes: and if you are from Canada you have a very good chance to be cook of the month. Grumblebee won a contest for this one though... You can also send me some money if you want in!:LOL:

Congrats Grumblebee!:cool:

LOL, mish, the qualifications are not very stringent. Contest winners get featured, and then anyone who is of interest to our community. I get PMs about who people would like to see interviewed, and the mods offer suggestions too. Anyone who would like to be featured just PM me.

Next month look for a feature of one of our favorite former Admins...

Alix said:
LOL, mish, the qualifications are not very stringent. Contest winners get featured, and then anyone who is of interest to our community. I get PMs about who people would like to see interviewed, and the mods offer suggestions too. Anyone who would like to be featured just PM me.

Next month look for a feature of one of our favorite former Admins...

If I understand your meaning -- Cook of the Month has nothing to do with members cooking submissions/sharing/input/knowledge/recipes? And, an afterthought, perhaps the announcement should fall under Community Announcements. Hey, don't ge me wrong, I've been participating sharing recipes for two years, as well as many longtime members - and just gotta wonder how the choice is made. Is there a contest for Cook of the Month? Who decides? Maybe we can have a poll? Thanks in advance.

PS I'm not here to compete, but appreciate the wealth of knowledge from all the cooks here; and don't begrudge anyone a 'title.' Think we should all have an equal opportunity as being recognized by our peers.

PPS Grumblebee, didn't mean to hijack the thread. My heartfelt congrats. When I have time, I will submit my query in appropriate forum. WAY TO GO. :)

Last edited:
mish said:
If I understand your meaning -- Cook of the Month has nothing to do with members cooking submissions/sharing/input/knowledge/recipes? And, an afterthought, perhaps the announcement should fall under Community Announcements. Hey, don't get me wrong, I've been participating sharing recipes for two years, as well as many longtime members - and just gotta wonder how the choice is made. Is there a contest for Cook of the Month? Who decides? Maybe we can have a poll? Thanks in advance.

Mish, I think we are on the same page, but just to be clear Cook of the Month is decided by committee. The moderators make the choice from suggestions I have received. Having said that, the person we select has the option of saying "no". Not everyone I have approached has wanted to be featured in the newsletter. The people we have featured thus far are folks who have contributed regularly to our boards and whose names were suggested as being of interest to the community. Time as a member really has no bearing on the selection process. Sharing and regular posting so that folks know who you are is probably more relevant.

And as for who ultimately decides? Well I guess that would be me since I write the articles. If someone wins one of our contests, they will be featured for sure (if they want to be), and I take the suggestions I am given and send out PMs to a few people and go from there. It hasn't been any kind of formal process, we haven't had all that many newsletters yet.

So again everyone, if there is someone you would like to see featured as Cook of the Month, or if you would like to submit yourself to be interviewed (I promise to make it as painless as possible) send a PM to me.

Mish, if you would like to set up a poll that would be fine with me, I'm open to suggestions. BUT...I would hate to have anyone's feelings get hurt if they didn't get many votes.

OK everyone forget what Alix said. The only way to be featured as the cook of the month is to cook the dish you are best know for and bring it to my house. I will supply the beer/wine/non alcoholic beverage of your choice, but you need to feed me your best dish. Then and only then can you be featured :LOL:

Warning: If you are squeamish, faint of heart and on high blood pressure medication, please do not read this post.

I will never be , and don't want to be "Cook of the Month", because although I LOVE to eat, I hate to cook. Whew, it's good to get that off my chest. Here I am on a COOKING site (and I have been here for years) admitting that cooking is not a passion of mine. My very first post here was about a new grill I just bought and I wanted some recipe ideas. The people here were so warm and kind, before I knew it, I had to be here everyday. Sorry to all the foodies here. I have to go now. Marge is here to take me to the woodshed. If you all feel sorry for me..............karma would be a good thing.:chef:

seester wasabi!!!!

Visiting this board would be so much duller without you making me crack up.
I don't care about your cooking skills/knowledge. You must never leave - but Marge may have other plans for you.

wasabi said:

If you all feel sorry for me..............karma would be a good thing.:chef:

I would have loved to give you karma, but I have no clue how to use PC and cannot figure out how to do it. It's asking me all kind of questions, but I do not speak any English so I can't answer them, sorrrrrry.

Back
Top Bottom