How do you react to the weather?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jpmcgrew

Executive Chef
:) Are you affected by the weather?.
I do ,when the barometric pressure goes down I can really feel it I get really sleepy or I have a really hard time waking up in the morning and for the most part have no energy and all I want to really do is sleep.When it's up I have tons of energy and Im wide awake.
I can tell you if it's up or down about 95% of the time.
Anybody else?

Yes, I do, but I react more to the seasons.

Become very energetic in the spring, less so in the summer, and again am active in the fall.

In the winter I go into a torpor, might as well be in hibernation.

But sure do react to the weather on a day to day basis.

living in texas, most people here have bad allergies, seasonal or year-round. I fall into the latter category. Mostly, for me, it's due to the rainy one day and clear and hot the next. And yes, when it's rainy, all I want to do is SLEEP.

I have always considered myself a human barometer. I get sinus headaches often when we have a big drop in pressure, and as you said, lots of sleepiness. I've noticed this for years and years.

BC

:) I was never affected when I was young. As I get older[49]I feel it no pain or anything like that I just get real sleepy and no energy.I also get more energized in the spring and fall.I hate summer the heat just drains me.I also think the cooler weather always gives me alot of energy.

The only season that bothers me is winter. I can tolerate the cold sunny days of winter, but when the sun does not shine, I get miserable. I Cannot tolerate below zero temps anymore, me old bones :LOL:

I grew up in Illinois and had to move because I got SAD every winter. Warmer weather really helps keep me happy . I know SAD deals with daylight exposure but the warmer weather really helps me fight it.

I agree, when it is dark and dreary out, just hand me a blanket ! See ya when the sun shines !! I do need sunshine !!

I am usually miss sunshine, even in the worse weather. But this year my mom (a 2-3 day drive away) has been sick, my phone/computer service went out, and it has been a rougher than usual winter. So I've felt isolated and depressed, when normally I'm OK through it. My husand has tendencies to be depressed during winter. One thing you have to do is make a point of getting outside for a stroll in all but knock-you-off-your-feet, unsafe weather. People don't realize how important it is to get outside, even if it is just a walk around the block.

So true Claire. I am from California and I hate the weather here in the UK. I do love a cold rainy day but day after day of it here is too much for me. Just getting out in the sunshine for a few minutes makes my mood sooo much better!

My neighbors tease me ALL the time! They never see me if the temp goes below 40. I am with you auntdot- I may as well hibernate in the winter. It seems like I am missing out on so much, but I get a blast of cold air when I open the door, and my mind is made up! Now during spring, summer, and fall, I am outdoors most of the time, and then I get "harassing" :LOL: (kidding) emails from DCer's, "Shannon, where have you been". Can't win, I tell ya. :ROFLMAO: I may have to start checking out the baromoetric pressure thing and track it to see, very interesting. I blame my moods and sleepiness on PMS- woohooo, maybe I can add this to the list! Watch out! :-p

That's why our 5th wheel brot us to Palm Springs - to find the sun!!!!! And...after going thru a huge sand storm last Monday, we finally have warm sun down here! I'm with the others who just have to have sun.

being riddled with Arthritis, yes, the weather does affect me quite significantly :(
it`s not so much the cold as the Damp in the air that does it in my opinion.

I can "feel" Electical storms Long before they occur also, although I`m not 100% sure HOW that actualy works?

and Snow Always cheers me up, but I suspect that`s largely a Psychological effect rather than a Physiological one.

I LOVE COLD, RAINY DAYS!!!

The colder and wetter and darker outside, the happier I am.
Sun is not something I look forward to. The only time I love the sunshine beaming is when it's still quite brisk outside. The hottest I don't mind is about 60 degrees or so. I prefer temps in the mid-30s, but unfortunately we don't get much of that. I often wake up very early, just so I can sit outside before the day heats up. Once it's hot, I'm indoors.

Very often in summer, we hit 110+ for weeks on end.

I'd move in a heartbeat, but dh's job keeps us here.
(oh, and to keep the monkey wrench intact: I grew up on the beach and never have cared much for it.)

The weather really affects me, both mentally and physically. I just try to remember what my mother always said..."Some days, we have to make our own sunshine."

:) I also like colder weather I hate being hot or sweating.Dh is always yelling at me because I have the windows open in the daytime in winter.If its around 40 degrees and sunny I turn off the heater and open a couple of windows.Im warm natured so the cold doesn't get to me like it does other people.Hot summers are just awful but it cools down real nice at night here in the mountains.Then the windows are open again.

Winter can go bye-bye. I'm ready for warmer weather. Ohio is a pain tho, because it can go from one extreme to another. For example, yesterday it was a very spring-like 56 with blue skies and puffy clouds. I was on top of the world, spring is near! Right now, it's snowing. :censored:

Ideally, I'd like a brief, snowy winter. Unfortunately, winter in Ohio means that sunlight disappears for about three months and it's just cold, wet and dreary. Maybe that's why I appreciate spring and summer so much! :cool:

I feel like I am powered by the sun, I love a sunny day, makes me motivated. As for rainy days, I don't mind them every now and again, but after a couple of days, it is depressing and I find it hard to get motivated.

I`m not a Sun lover either and to me H*ll Would be Hot (as it says on the box), nice an Cool is how I like it (hence Snow), rain is second best choice as long as it isn`t Windy, I Hate the Wind!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom