How I Became Good at Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vickie1388

Assistant Cook
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]When other people ask me what I am good at, I often need to think a long time and I ask myself, "What am I good at?" I like a lot of things, but I'm not good at anything. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]I like music, but I can't sing. I often sing out of tune, and my friends laugh at me.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]When I was studying, I won a prize for my studies, but after that time, I never wrote things again; all things I forgot. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]I liked cooking, but in my family everyone told me, "Your food doesn't taste good, no one likes your cooking." If I had to cook, my parents would say, "You have cooked the food enough for us. Don't cook so much. We will cook next time." [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]I like to do all these things, but I am not better than other people when I do them, so I don't know what I am good at.
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Sometimes my friends come to my home. When I cook food for them, they say, "Your food is delicious." [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]This gave me encouragement. I try to cook different foods and many kinds of food, normally not common in india.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]I try to use oven to bake cakes and to make sandwiches. When I used bring my food to school, my teachers and my classmates often tell me, "Your food is very delicious." When friends or guests come to my home, I cook food for them. They tell me they like all of my cooking.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Now, my parents say, that like it and eat too much, so become fat.[/SIZE][/FONT]
Even [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]I'm heavier than before. So now, if you ask me what I am good at, I will say cooking.[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-2]

Hey freinds... also share your experience!
[/SIZE][/FONT]

vicki, i'll almost guess that you are good at a lot more things then you really realize.

but anyway what kind of foods do you like and enjoy cooking?

Some things take practice, and you got good at it. My mom is an excellent cook and I learned from her. I experiment a lot, that's what I like about cooking. There's no real rules and anything goes. Of coarse, the end result may not be enjoyed by all... but it's fun!

...."Sing as if no one is listening, dance as if no one is watching, and live everyday as if it were your last"**

If whatever it is your doing makes you happy, thats all that matters.

we cooked as a family. Mom was a great cook and taught sis and me. and I've been to culinary school.

vicki, i'll almost guess that you are good at a lot more things then you really realize.

but anyway what kind of foods do you like and enjoy cooking?

I am in a college now.. living away from home with some classmates.. so i enjoy cooking food that doesn't take much time to cook.. sp also created a weblog for it..

Back
Top Bottom