How many clocks in one home

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

csalt

Sous Chef
http://

Today it's our turn to put the clocks forward. The number seems endless.
Kitchen = cooker: microwave: wallclock
Livingroom: mantel clock..video does itself
bedroom: bedclock does itself
Study: mobile phones x2 wall clock: desk phone
and so the list goes on! :rolleyes: Oh and wist watches. DH's does itself, mine doesn't!:)

And here I thought it wasn't until next weekend! I thought my iBook was wrong! Couldnt figure out why it decided to spring forward today!

HORAY!!!!!!!!! You just made my entire day csalt.....thank youuuu!!!!

oh ... how many clocks....mmmm .... 5!

We turned our clocks ahead a couple of weeks ago, and I counted something like 23 clocks that I had to manually change - not taking into consideration the ones that set themselves! I always find that incredible. I have a couple of lights on timers, and a programmable coffee pot and thermostat, which I don't think of as clocks, but they certainly have them. I didn't even think about changing the timers for the fish tank lights! It's a big job around here.

BC

Actual stand alone clocks, zippo.

The computers took care of themselves, the folks that manage the programs downloaded a patch, I think that is what it is called, that took care of the matter admirably.

The TVs, we are on Dish, took care of themselves. Admirably also.

Had to reset the nuker, but that instrument gets wierd so regularly that we never pay any attention to it. That thing always wants to set itself to whatever time it feels like. I have forsaken any frustration at the beast, and just let it do what it wants. Will change the time every so often just to tick off the microchip, or whatever it is in there that is trying to drive me bonkers.

It may seem petty, and I know it is in charge, but every once in a while I get it into my head that a human should rule those dratted gizmos.

I try and they continue to keep me very humble.

As for watches have not worn one in fifty years. Have an internal clock that is pretty doggone good, usually within five minutes of the actual time or so. And if I need an absolutely accurate time can always call upon the the computer, it is a lot smarter than I am.

And then I can go and tweak the microwave. It hates when I do that.

Is that rational behavior? I believe not. But I do not mention the nuker to my doc.

He is still unable to come to terms with my battle with the lawn mowing beast.

Maybe just need to stop going to the doc.

The lawn mowing thingy and I have made a deal. I will use it for a bit, sit down and guzzle a lemonade, and it will then start again.

But the nuker just will not come to an accomodation.

It insists upon setting the time to five minutes after the last stegasaurus sucked in its last breath.

But where were we? Oh yeah, the clocks.

They are set and working just fine, thank you.

YT2095 said:
16 here, 4 are auto setting though, so it`s not That bad

8 of them are in the Lab! :ohmy:

Is that so that you don't have to turn your head round at all?:LOL:

you`de certainly be forgiven for thinking that was the case! :)

there`s 2 desktop PCs (always on)
the little laptop
the weather monitor
the digital radio
the Phone
the solar powered clock (homemade) on the windowsil
and the timer for turning the power on/off at certain times of day for the incubator.

I`m not even counting my wrist watch and cameras that put a time/date stamp on things :)

i'm totally with Auntdot on this one: not many, really. though my microwave is only about 10 years old and therefore continues to do what i tell it to. no watches in at least 10 years (not real useful in the lab what with the constant gloves on gloves off thing), so we have:

computer & cell phone, set themselves
microwave
oven
car (no, the car isn't technically *in* the house, but that's the only other one i set)

I was going to say, "didn't we just do this a couple of weeks ago?", until I saw that you were in the UK Csalt.

The tv/satellite dish fixed themselves, but oddly enough, I had to do the computer manually, although I have a feeling that I may have to redo it manually since they changed DST here to an earlier date. I have a feeling the computer will change it via the old date. Only time will tell.

As far as the clocks, I just had the kitchen clock, oven clock, & microwave clock to change - along with wris****ches. Husbands alarm clock reset itself.

We turned our clocks forward on March 11th and there was the microwave, stove, clock in the living room, clock in the den, clock in the bedroom, and the Panasonic VCR and Panasonic TV in the den. The Pansonic combination VCR and DVD did not have to be changed and the Panasonic combination VCR in the dining area did not have to be changed.

Oh yes the clock in my car which is really hard to change - it is a 2000 Honda Accord 2-door coupe and then there is my watch that I wear everyday.

I hate to change all the clocks twice a year.

I know what you mean about changing the clocks. I always have to do them all . My DH claims he doesn't know how to do it.:rolleyes: This is coming from a man who is a master carpenter. He can build "anything". I think that is just his way of getting out of doing it.;)

Back
Top Bottom