How much do you pay for vidalia onions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GrantsKat

Executive Chef
sweet vidalia onions?
I went to the store yesturday and they were marked $3.94 a pound! To me that is a lot:ermm: esp. considering that not one of them was a pound or less!
Just wondering....

Yikes!!!! I've not seen them over 99 cents this year....89 cents is common...79 cents at times....Then again in a Kroger store the other day I saw a 10lb bag of Russets for $8.99...needless to say...I left them on the table!!

DW just called....she was in Wally World buying hair care stuff....I asked her to look...They were 88 Cents per pound! It is the end of the season, so if you find a good price... now is the time to stock up!!

Uncle Bob I payed $6.47 for a 5lb bag of Russets yesturday:ermm:As far as the onions they had 2 different bins, one was labeled "sweet vidalia onions" and they were marked $3.94 and the other just "vidalia onions" and they were marked .89 cents........is there a difference in the 2, or is it a scam?

There is no difference....that I've ever known/heard of. Maybe the 3.94 was suppose to be a 3 lb (??) bag of onions...and they just filled the bin with bulk.

.89/lb here is common, too.
And as far as labeling, make sure the actual onion has the Vidalia label on it. Otherwise someone may be confusing Mayan, or 1088 (?) or one of the other lookalike sweet onions.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom