How To Eat Every Insect|Method Mastery|Epicurious

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nope, I am not willing to put effort into eating insects. If the opportunity arises, I would probably try some that are ready to eat.

Insects are something you eat for survival in the wilderness to avoid starvation, not as part of your daily diet. BTW, gusano worm is redundant, just like green salsa verde.

Last edited:
Go to Mexico and you´ll find all sorts of insects served in bars,taquerías, restaurants and street markets. Insects are a source of protein and are all the rage over there.
We sat down in a bar in Coyoacán one day and the first thing that arrived on the table was this: Cabo Coyote Chapulines.jpg
Chapulines - grasshoppers, with chile pepper, salt and lime.We all ate them; a bit like chips with legs.
Then we went to the San Juan market and found these:Insects.jpg

It´s mind over matter really; just the thought of getting a creepycrawly in your mouth, but they don´t taste of much.
the Agave worm is usually found at the bottom of a bottle of tequila, so just swill it down.

It´s mind over matter really; just the thought of getting a creepycrawly in your mouth, but they don´t taste of much.
Pretty much! I still get gag reflex thinking about it, even though I know they're nutritionally great. It's going to take a long time to make it socially acceptable to eat them in any restaurants in the US, unless you go to the eclectic parts of your city.

I've bought and shared a bag of cooked mealworms with my son. Pretty tasty, IMO. But I'm not about to go digging my yard for bugs to cook up for dinner.

Back
Top Bottom