How to get my cooking passion back?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That all sounds really, really good, Dina! Yum. When I'm feeling "blocked", I make junk like Kraft Mac-N-Cheese with Spam, Stouffer's frozen lasagne, already-cooked sliced ham with potatoes au gratin from a box...... doesn't that already make you feel better?

:) I also have lost my desire to cook many times so I just kind of skate thru with as little cooking as possible at home but it always comes back and then I'm on a roll I think with me I get tired of making the same things over and over and I also have no appetite for the usual fare. The a day comes I see something in a magazine or I get a craving and I'm back at it. The same thing happens with my crafts there are days I just dont want to make anything then all of a sudden I get inspired again. :LOL: Of course I never get inspired to clean house every day either but that is with good reason it just gets so repetitive and boring:LOL:

Dina, the one thing that will really kick you into gear..go to someones house for dinner and watch them hack up one of your favorite foods.as they ask your advice.You will want to grab the pots and pans and shove them away from the stove and take over..Of course you must have a big smile on your face...:ROFLMAO::LOL::-p
kades

Dina, the one thing that will really kick you into gear..go to someones house for dinner and watch them hack up one of your favorite foods.as they ask your advice.You will want to grab the pots and pans and shove them away from the stove and take over..Of course you must have a big smile on your face...:ROFLMAO::LOL::-p
kades
I volunteer for this, Dina. What are friends for?:)

mmmmmmm..... time to rally the troops, I think. You are not the maid!

If you are doing all the cooking AND the cleaning, what are the rest of the crew doing to share the load? In my world, the cook does not do the dishes. That's the responsibility of the "eaters."

I think you just need a break. I know a couple of Moms who actually went on strike. Took about 3 days each of getting up in the morning and going to work out, followed by lunch out with friends and a movie.... who cooked the dinner? Who cleaned the house? They didn't care. After a couple of days of mayhem, the family had a powwow and divided up the chores. Worked like a charm.

Another family I knew didn't give the kids any allowance AT ALL! They had to earn every penny by doing chores. Dishes, laundry, cleaning not only of their own rooms, but also the common areas of the house. A little extreme, perhaps, but they sure learned the value of a dollar.

You'll figure out something that works for you....

In the meantime, I have a great recipe for Thai Red Curry if you'd like to try something different! ;)

I think you just need a break. I know a couple of Moms who actually went on strike. Took about 3 days each of getting up in the morning and going to work out, followed by lunch out with friends and a movie.... who cooked the dinner? Who cleaned the house? They didn't care. After a couple of days of mayhem, the family had a powwow and divided up the chores. Worked like a charm.;)
I remember my mom doing this once when I was a kid. It did work and actually, I remember it being the first time I had ever thought about how much work my mom did. :)

We run the same way here - he who cooks does not clean up. Not only is it nice for the cook, but it also encourages my kids to volunteer to cook, too. More often than not, we all gather in the kitchen and while the cook is cooking, the others are helping by rinsing and loading bowls and utensil in the dishwasher as well as fetching things the cook needs. There's a lot of laughing and joking and general silliness going on but it takes a lot of the drudgery out of meal preparation.

dinner, again?

i had cookies and lemonade for dinner. how's that for not wanting to cook?

and i don't feel the least bit guilty. probably will have soup or sandwich later for a snack.

we all need a break.

babe:-p:shifty:

my husband is gone so much that it really is easy to get into a cooking lag that's for sure.....and I'm leaving next week for the states.....some really great German friends will be leaving soon and it brings great sadness to think about it......Beate is one of the most liveliest people that I know of....anyway we have a ton of German sausages that we are going to cook up and invite her family and another German couple but I'm siding them with American southern dishes.....they are excited and so am I......potato salad, Goodweed's coleslaw, baked bean (you can find the pork and beans here believe it or not), and homemade skillet cornbread. Then that will be followed by deveil's food chocolate cake and buttercream icing with shaved dark chocolate....the thought has put me in a high gear to cook again......

Actually, tonight for dinner we had fruit (mangoes, cantaloupe and bananas) and popcorn. Yummy dinner and hardly any dishes! Have a good trip, expatgirl, and enjoy your special dinner. (Just think, you can stock up on parchment paper!)

We had McDonald's salads for lunch and Quizno's soups for dinner today. What a lazy day.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom