I adopted a gorilla.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bangbang

Executive Chef
I just became a member of the Detroit Zoo and adopted a Gorilla. Woweeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I will be posting some photos soon. This is one of the chimps I photographed.

Attachments

• chimp2.jpg
    chimp2.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 221
  • Chimp3.jpg
    Chimp3.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 203
I would too. I took care of a baby gorilla from the Detroit Zoo when I was 20 years old in an apartment inside an animal hospital. I was in prevet school at the time and a practicing Vet Tech. I loved it.....the gorilla experience was a great experience. We bonded and I was so sad when they took her back. Ughhhhhhhhhh:( No different than raising an infant. My girlfriend would rock her and sing songs to her.

Last edited:
Wow Bang .... thats pretty awesome. Can't wait to hear more about her and see a photo. Hey I may even stop in to see her next time I'm up in MI visiting my brothers. I think Detroit is only like an hour from them.

I did the paperwork last night. I don't kniw her or his name yet. They said they will contact me soon. Then I am going to go see my gorilla. I also got a membership at the Zoo. I can go see my gorilla anytime I want for free. I get to bring a friend too. I don't even have to pay for parking or any special events.

It is a token adoption. The money goes to wildlife preservation here and internationally.They sent me a stuffed gorilla that I will keep on my pc desk.I also got a framable certificate making me a International Wildlife Preservist. I did go to see the gorillas and chimpanzee's. Its a cool exhibit. They have an open range that has a barrier around it. I am now a member of the zoo too so I get free admission and parking for myself and a guest.

http://www.detroitzoo.org/critters2.html

That's really neat Bang. I adopted a humpback whale for my nephew once. The money went to help animals, and they sent Justin a quarterly update letting him know if his whale had been sighted.

:) Barbara

Back
Top Bottom