I am detoxing again.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bangbang

Executive Chef
Today marks another attempt to detox from alcohol. I am doing it at home andI have meds to help me through this. I am already cramping up and got the dry heaves. This sucks:sick:

Bang, good luck! My FIL went through this years ago. I don't know first hand, but he said it was really hard. Stay positive and know we're all rooting for you!! :)

Again, I recomend things such as Flavored carbonated spring waters and tonic waters with lime... it covers the flavor aspect of missing booze. The rest is kinda up to you but I hope you get things under control, I remember your posts on vodka excess.

Bang,

good for you...Hang in there, you're strong and I know you will be succesful..It takes one heck of a strong person to do this..You make me proud..
kadesma

Thanks.......Its tonic water with 10 mg of valium tonight. The valium is to prevent seizures and help with the shakes. I also am taking a antispychotic to prevent hallucinations and paranoia.

I hate AA meetings. Been there done that and the very mention of "god" gives me the chills. Ughhhhh! Funny thing is I hate to be around drunks. They sound like broken records.

Bangbang said:
I hate AA meetings. Been there done that and the very mention of "god" gives me the chills. Ughhhhh! Funny thing is I hate to be around drunks. They sound like broken records.

To assume that one can build bonds with other people based on weaknesses is kind of troubling, so I understand what you mean. Still some kind of help would be good, especially since I dont think there are that many experts here. Also I dont identify with group religion that well... mostly because I raised myself catholic (both my parents are athiests) so I tend to see spiritual matters as too solem to share with groups.

Btw more things I suggest:

1) The bottomless water jug. I keep a jug of room temperature water that I drink from constantly and refil at least once a day when Im at home. It helps clean me out from my daily vices (which revolve more around sodium and sugar than alcohol) and it keeps you nicely hidrated and refreshed. It also helps you avoid picking up stuff such as sodas to replace the drinks.

2) Working out: first figure out a way to make it not boring (mine is watching dvd's while I work out) and the rest is natural. Sweating helps you clean out your system while the natural endorphins well... they take certain edge off.

Ok...I won't say I'm praying for you....and I won't say God Bless....
But I'll be thinking of you deeply...and wish you the best.

Good luck Bang Bang!

Hang in there, Bang. The end result is worth the trip, even though it may not feel that way as you travel.

Good luck, Bang!
You can do it. It takes a lot of courage to admit to having the disease. Just take it day to day. If you like to read, find some books on the subject that has ways that other people have dealt with it also.
We are all here to talk to if you need us to vent or for just a shoulder.:)

Bang, Lugaru's right - do the water jug/exercise thingy. But also, don't forget to celebrate each week with a nice juicy steak!

You are such an asset to this family, and I really am pulling for you on this one.
Please try to post whenever you need someone to chat with - you know there's always someone hanging out here.

power bang . ive been off the heavy, lost days drinking, for 3 years now, im at the point were a beer is my limit. its a tired old adage, but you have to want to quit. be strong.

Back
Top Bottom