I am going to Israel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
I was supposed to go a few years ago when I started with my current company, but for various reasons they decided to postpone my trip. Well my time has finally come and I will be going next month. I am both excited and nervous, but way more excited than anything. I just hope they have built in a little free time so I can see the country.

Lucky You! Israel is high on my list of places I must visit.

but not this year! :rolleyes: (unless I hit some kind of jackpot).

Last week I attended the first comprehensive tasting of Israeli wines ever in New York. First of all, they have pretty much eliminated mevushal as a requirement for Kosher wines, but most of these wines weren't Kosher. and they were really delicious.

Hope you will get a chance to try some while you are there.

Where will you be going?

Our headquarters are in Rehovot so that is where I will be spending most of my time. I am not sure which hotel I am staying at yet. The hotel might be in Tel Aviv.

I would not mind tasting some good Israeli wine, but I am more looking forward to some quality fallafel.

I would LOVE to go to the farmers market. Something tells me I will have precious little time to explore though. I am hoping for just one day to explore the city. The Western Wall and the Dead Sea are on the top of my list. Masada would be on my list too, but I am sure I will not have time for that on the trip.

Wow, that is a wonderful opportunity! If you do get some free time, I'm sure I don't have to tell you to bring your camera!

Check your PMs.

:)Barbara

I would try telling your hosts what you would love to get to do, and you might be surprised how many of them can/will happen. Just don't keep your desires to yourself. :)

It would be such a shame to go all that way, when you haven't been there before, and have it be no different than if you were in Peoria!

What they usually do it build in a day of sightseeing. They have the standard places they take everyone who has not been there before. They are all the places I would want to see anyway. The only issue will be if my boss built that day in for me. I would not put it past him to have me there only for working days with no free time. He has not given me the actual dates yet so I am hoping there is at least one day off.

What a great opportunity! With luck, you can get an extra day or two.

I saw a lot of the US as part of various business trips. Back then, if you satyed over a Saturday night the fare was a lot less. The company and I both benefitted from that.

They would, yes, but I need that time for other things. My brother is getting married in June in FL and I will have to use a lot of time for that, plus I need to keep some time available for when the kids get sick or daycare falls through and I need to take a day off for that.

what can I say?????....to hubby and I, many years ago, it was a most wondorous experience.....I do hope "they" let you have a little sightseeing time.....if you can, taste St. Peters fish....yummy.....Jerusalem is breathtaking, especially when one sees the people praying at the Wall!......I have a teenager friend who just came back from 10 days there. She felt safe and had a wonderful time!!!.....Enjoy! Enjoy!!!!

GB, would it help if you had an assistant who is willing to work for a ticket and place to stay (even a tent behind the hotel!)? I wouldn't be much bother and could help you with whatever it is you are doing and that would give us both time off! :rolleyes:

Seriously, I am very excited for you. A once in a lifetime opportunity!

Tell your boss that you need somebody cary your bags and they should pay for that person(me) to fly with you. I know a premier winr and restaurant kritic, mr. Rogov, he would show us some good time. Last time I was there I only had couple of hours to spend with him, but the wines we had were awesome.

Can't wait to go back.

Have fun, good luck.

Charlie - - - you still type with a Russian accent...it just blows my mind! :LOL:

Have fun GB. Glad you are finally getting to go. I REALLY hope you have at least 1 free day. Another one to do what YOU wanted to do would be nice too...:ermm:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom