I am so dumb. Need advice.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As the old Starkist TV ads used to say, "Sorry, Charlie."

Your best bet is to pay the fines and drive slower.

I disagree. I think it's well worth the price of a lawyer (get a recommendation if you don't already have a relationship with one) to avoid having those points on your record.

Having a lawyer with you doesn't guarantee that you won't get socked with the fine, but NOT having one guarantees that you WILL.

Personally, I would never go before a judge as a defendant without a lawyer.

Having a lawyer with you doesn't guarantee that you won't get socked with the fine, but NOT having one guarantees that you will.
Sorry, but you are absolutely wrong. I have gotten 3 speeding tickets in my life. I have fought all three without a lawyer. One of the three was completely thrown out. The other two I got reduced and did not get points on my license.
I have friends who have also gotten tickets completely thrown out as well and none of them ever used a lawyer.

I do like donuts :mrgreen:
:LOL: Close enough!

OP --you are not dumb.

I vote for no attorney in traffic violations court too. It's just a practical decision, a 'relationship with an attorney' can cost $200/hr, a traffic ticket will most likely cost less.

Last edited:
Thank you on the "cop" thing,

The last ticket I also went to court by myself. Judge gave me a break, I had to pain fine, but ticket did not go on my regord as long as I do not get another ticket for a year. We do not have point system here. It goes or not on the record and insurance can skyrocket up. Also it stays on your record for 5 yeras. So if you get another ticket in 5 years it automaticaly goes on your record again. It sucks. I know it is only my fault and I have nobody to blaim. But it still feels terible.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom