I bought a new camera

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
I finally broke down and bought a new camera, one that I have been lusting over for a long time now. Actually it is not the exact one I wanted as they have discontinued that model and come out with a new and improved one. I had wanted the Nikon d70, but now ended up with the d70s. It is basically the same, but with some improvements like a better auto focus and larger LCD screen. It is a digital SLR camera so I can use all sorts of different lenses. I just got it the other day so I am still in learning mode, but so far I am seriously impressed. I got it just in time to take with me on my trip to FL at the end of this week so I can't wait to give it a workout.

For those interested in the specs, you can see them here.

Whoa GB that's a serious beast!!:mrgreen: We also love photography, right now we use HP Photosmart 945, a great hobby cam. But one day we would love to get our hands on one of those Nikons...:rolleyes:
We will look forward to seeing what this one can do!!

I remember the days of using a serious Nikon SLR. Interchangeable lenses, filters and real flash attachments...

Alas, those days are gone forever. Now I use a Sony pocket-sized digital.

You will have a great time with that camera, GB. Besides, you have such great subjects to shoot.

That is a Great Camera GB, Does this Mean I have Dibs on your old Camera ? :ohmy: :LOL:
You earned it and The Trip LUCKY DOG ! Have Fun, Play Safe :chef:
5.gif
5.gif
5.gif
2.gif
Man am I Having Fun or What ?

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I am certainly having fun with this camera. It is a large learning curve though. Years ago i used to know a lot about photography. I know what an fstop was and was exposures and apatures were used for which situations, but that knowledge has long left my brain. I am re-learning all of this info now. Thankfully this camera can be used in full automatic mode so While I am learning I can still take great shots, but as one reviewer of this camera said, using this camera in full auto mode is like driving a Ferrari to the corner store to pick up milk :LOL:

GB said:
as one reviewer of this camera said, using this camera in full auto mode is like driving a Ferrari to the corner store to pick up milk :LOL:

Keep it up GB... you will soon be calling yourself "the Schumacher of the photographic world":mrgreen:

urmaniac13 said:
Keep it up GB... you will soon be calling yourself "the Schumacher of the photographic world":mrgreen:
LOL :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

Now that I have the camera, I have my eyes on lenses. The one i am drooling over right now is just a mere $5,000. Somehow I don't think my wife will see that as a necessity :wacko:

$5,000. for a lens. Sounds reasonable to me. After all, it's for the baby. Think of all the great pictures we'll have...

Andy M. said:
After all, it's for the baby. Think of all the great pictures we'll have...
LOL that is the justification I used in buying this camera in the first place (Thank you Rachel :mrgreen: )

Back
Top Bottom