I Get to Go See My Family!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Barb..don't worry about the weight. I feel that they will love you no matter what.
RIGHT Elf?? lol

San Diego..my home town..love it there.

Hannah (the one with the tongue stuck out above!) called tonight (I also talked to Nancy and Andrew) and said she is really glad I am coming to visit. She asked when I am coming, so I told her March 12 (Nancy had mistakenly thought before that it was the 13th, as I mentioned earlier). Then we talked about my visit a little. Finally she said, "When are you leaving?" I thought she meant leaving here for there, so I said, "March 12th." She said, "You're staying a day?" LOL Poor kid! Between her mom and me, we are going to have her thoroughly confused!

Thanks for your good thoughts and wishes everyone!

:)Barbara

woweeeeeeeee!
I just read this thread - oh Barb, I am so incredibly happy for you!!! I know this is the most wonderful thing that could be happening!! Hooray for you!!

Thanks jkath! The only bad thing is that I won't be here with James for our 5th anniversary, but most of it is good. My sister is trying to get us on Family Feud! I would really like to do that!

Barbara,
I'm so glad to hear this great news. You truly deserve this treat. Enjoy every minute with your family.

Barbara that's great !!!!!!!!
I wish I could see my mom
more. She's only about 350
miles away. But 3,000 ????
Wow that's alot !

Yeah, the distance has definitely been a huge deterrent since none of us can really afford the trip. The last time we all got together was almost 5 years ago in Louisville, Kentucky (when my nephew was about to graduate from basic training at Fort Knox and they had Family Day and he had the weekend to spend with us). They flew out and we drove up. And, as I said, my last two flights to California were for funerals. This has been such a depressing year for us (both unemployed and no jobs forthcoming) so this is really coming at such a good time for me.

Back
Top Bottom