I got the chili cookoff date wrong

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ham Hock

Cook
I entered a chili cookoff this weekend and practiced all week to get a pot the way I wanted it.

At 2:00 PM on Sunday I went up to present my prize winnin chili, only to find out the contest was on Saturday!!!!!!!

I lauged at myself all the way to the local Mexican restaraunt, only to find the person who had signed me up IN the place. Since I had the chili wit me, I went out and scooped her out a little dish of it and said take it home.

She took it to one of the judges, and called me and said that he said that was the best chili he had ever eaten and would have won WAY WAY.......

Oh well, even a doofus can cook sometimes! :-p

Oh man does that stink! Well at least you are able to laugh about it and also know how well you would have done. Save that recipe and win next time around :)

I have finally gotten my chili mix down "hard" so to speak, where I know what I want to do up to a certain point.

I never used to cook chili, but I entered a contest after not cooking chili for prolly 10 years and won first place. So I decided to perfect it and chili done right is no easy thing to do.

TO be honest I think the only three things that I REALLY Have down pat are gumbo, chili, and country style ribs on the grill.

Well, maybe my italian hamburgers, OK and manicotti, OK maybe sauce picante, alright maybe homemade cajun andoille, oh alright well I can cook some stuff but chili is a perplexing thing to cook well.

This time I took a cue from Alton and ground my own meat in a food processor to give me nice small chunks instead of ordinary ground meat. The smaller stuff mixed well and it came off with some substance. I dont put beans in my chili, that just aint chili.

Got any left? Party at Ham Hock's place everyone! Bring an appy or dessert that works with chili!

I got none left because we invited some people over to eat it and some country ribs I did and they cleaned the pot no washing needed!

It really makes you feel good when people say "that was the best I have ever eaten".

Back
Top Bottom